5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Well, I just placed an order thanks to MacVidCards. Don't know how many of you guys are familiar with him, but he posted a thread this morning over on MacRumors to report that the Titan X works in OS X Yosemite with the newest Web Driver, on the latest public release (10.10.2 with both security updates). It's called "NVIDIA Graphics Device," but I would expect that to change within the next update or two, and it's purely cosmetic.

He also reported that the card draws LESS power under load than a GTX 780 6GB, but far outperforms and has twice the VRAM.

Mine should be here in a few weeks - I got one at a bit of a discount, but it's backordered, so who knows when I'll actually see it... :lol:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1858044

-IC

Thanks for the info- can you link the thread over at MacRumors? :thumbup:

71ho8zkpieL._SL1200_.jpg
EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12 GB GDDR5 384bit, PCI-E 3.0 DVI-I, 3 x DP, HDMI, SLI, HDCP, G-SYNC Ready Graphics Card 12G-P4-2990-KR
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-384bit-Graphics-12G-P4-2990-KR/dp/B00UVN21RQ

We'll go ahead and add them to the Buyer's Guide next month.

BTW, I can recommend MacVidCards for you Mac Pro owners. He burned an EFI ROM into a Sapphire 7950 I sent him that I'm now using in my 2008 Mac Pro (MP3,1).

BTW2, the sticky nVidia thread in the MacRumors' Mac Pro forum section is a good read. :thumbup:

Its too bad the DP performance is god awful (1/32 SP). Kind of defeats the purpose of the ridiculous $1K asking price as an entry level professional card. Now its just a super high end gaming card.

Whaaaaat?! Isn't that even worse than the GTX670/680 used to be?

Yes:

"The GTX 680’s FP64 performance is 1/24th its FP32 performance, compared to 1/8th on GTX 580." (anandtech)

Unlike Titan, Titan Black which where 1/3rd.

And also basically as bad worse than the 980? Is my guess correct if I said you'd better stick with GK110 (Titan, 780 (Ti)) for compute/OpenCL?

Essentially equivalent to 980 since both 1/32nd but will perform slightly better than 980 since essentially 50% more compute units.

What to get for GPGPU? Check out anandtech's Titan X compute benchmarking.

BTW, I can recommend MacVidCards for you Mac Pro owners. He burned an EFI ROM into a Sapphire 7950 I sent him that I'm now using in my 2008 Mac Pro (MP3,1).

BTW2, the sticky nVidia thread in the MacRumors' Mac Pro forum section is a good read. :thumbup:

Yes he is a good guy. I did a lot of work on the Yosemite boot.efi mod for the Mac Pro 1,1 and 2,1 and I didn't have an EFI card so I couldn't see the verbose boot for trouble shooting. He sent me a flashed 2600XT 512MB for free.

Good :)
I have been waiting for the new drivers to install the latest yosemite security update.
Has somebody installed the drivers? Are they good?
I have heard many bad things about those drivers lately :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back