Contribute
Register

music studio your HACK experience help needed please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-UD5H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, The reason i ask for your experience regarding using an hackintosh for music is my brother who owns a recording studio and makes music for tv, radio and corporate ect for a living (yes a living no more) has ask me if i would look into building one for him, it as got to work "flawlessly without crashing and pops and clicks" (his words) so in your experience would an hackintosh for reliable music production be up to the job. I know what to buy for his build so no help required on that front and i own an sli hackintosh which i use for video editing Thanks for any reply.

I'd recommend staying on a tried and tested version of OSX rather than that latest version

Mine works great on Snow Leopard (I only need to use 10.6.8 to get what I want) it's stable and rock solid for audio (better than my "real" apple (A MBP)) as latencies are lower, and the track count is orders of magnitude greater )

HTH

hackintoshes are great computers for music.
i own a X58A-UD3R/i7 950, using a Fireface UC, Pro tools 10 and UAD cards.
everything works perfectly and the computer is really powerfull.

i'd recommend waiting a bit and building a ivy bridge machine. and maybe then wait for experience reports from other users.

be careful with stuff like Pro Tools HDX cards or apogee symphony IO. i'd search a bit more to make sure that it works.

if the interface and equipment is compatible with your hackintosh, it's just gonna work perfectly, as it would a stock mac.
there are not gonna be any pops/click induced because it's hack.

See my build report (in my signature). I'm using it for Logic/Ableton and it is just as stable as a real Mac. I have a MacBook Pro which I use as well.

A Hack, Presonus Audio Interfaces, Studio 2 Professional = Pure Heaven.

using both a presonus and a focusrite box and they both work great.
Presonus or Focusrite, just pick the box that fits your budget.

Overall, I like the focusrite a tiny bit more.

Boy, I would love to talk to you. I have the same set up but I am having a hell of a time.

be careful with stuff like Pro Tools HDX cards or apogee symphony IO. i'd search a bit more to make sure that it works.

Symphony 64 card + Symphony I/O working perfect on my Hack (see my sig for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back