Contribute
Register

Music Studio Build II: Core i7-8700 - Asus Prime Z370-A - Radeon RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMK how it went. That's a great video card. The Z390 is a hardware duplicate of the Z370 system, only with the Z390 and the i9 9900KS.

After cleaning up the system from Nvidia leftovers, etc., my Hackintosh was booting flawlessly and launched macOS without any issues or any BIOS setting changes applied. It was the first straight plug-and-play experience for years!:lol::clap: Till date, the Radeon RX 580 is working perfectly in combination with my new 49" Samsung monitor in macOS or Windows 10. The updated setup resulted in a significant boost in productivity and efficiency. However, I will wait with updating the OS version to the lastest stable version until I finished the current studio productions.:)

Does the Thunderbolt card work with any motherboard? I have a Chinese X79 build with 8 core Xeon Ivy Bridge working with Mojave 10.14.6

Can I add Thunderbolt to my build? I have a 1x and 4x PCI-e free ports.

Does the Thunderbolt card work with any motherboard? I have a Chinese X79 build with 8 core Xeon Ivy Bridge working with Mojave 10.14.6

Can I add Thunderbolt to my build? I have a 1x and 4x PCI-e free ports.

Your motherboard needs a Thunderbolt header that is placed directly next to a particular PCI-e slot. You cannot "plug-and-play" the card into any motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back