Contribute
Register

Music Studio Build II: Core i7-8700 - Asus Prime Z370-A - Radeon RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a z370-a 10 days ago but they say they won't get stock before 6 more weeks.
I see a Asus Z370-A mark II, I wonder what are the differences and if I should get this one, cause I won't wait another 6 weeks to start building my new machine.
I just grabbed my Z370A today, and I'm going to build it in a while... wish me luck with it! :D
People say that the mark II has not much "big" to offer, it has even less featueres...mainly only the design is the new, and these is a stuff called DR mos...

@KingBfire, which slot did you installed the RAM? I heard there's some issue if one installed according to ASUS' User Manual.

I have 2 sticks of 16GB each.

I ordered a z370-a 10 days ago but they say they won't get stock before 6 more weeks.
I see a Asus Z370-A mark II, I wonder what are the differences and if I should get this one, cause I won't wait another 6 weeks to start building my new machine.

The mark II is compatible with Intel's 9th generation CPUs with 1151 socket as previously mentioned by @Vadammt . Regarding Thunderbolt3 and M.2 nothing has been changed between those two models. Both versions also have the same Crystal Sound 3 chip that includes Realtek S1220A. All physical slots are similar as well.

@KingBfire, which slot did you installed the RAM? I heard there's some issue if one installed according to ASUS' User Manual.

I have 2 sticks of 16GB each.

As you might have seen in my post, I have installed 4 RAM sticks. I personally made more positive experiences with using four RAMs instead of two. Nevertheless, I would install them in Slot 1 and 3 or Slot 2 and 4 - the pairs' brackets also have different colours ;)

Hello,

I built a Hackintosh for Apollo and Protools, too.
Apollo rocks!

I follow all your instructions because I'm not good geek. I learned few months ago to understand what's this new world.

My config:

ASUS PRIME Z370A
Intel i7-8700
I didn't put in my graphic card GeForce GTX 1050 (Gigabyte) because it make bug the installation.
2 x Crucial 16GB DDR4 in A1 and B1.
For fan et supply : Be Quiet!

But I have little problems:
  • Can't have wired Internet connection. In the network screen, it still in red point. But my Internet connection works with an another hardware.
  • I have the sound inboard only if I use, in Midi, 5.1 which is surround, plugged in the Green jack.
  • The only USB port invalid is the USB 3.1 with the type A, and I didn't try the type C.
  • I can't boot directly on the OS, I need my bootable key and go past by Clover.
I did all the installation, and it works.
I did the MultiBeast (10.4.0), and it works. But the IntelFix no exist anymore with this MultiBeast version.
So I did a first MultiBeast installation in 10.3.0 success, and after in 10.4.0 success!!:p
I'm not sure it will works... I used your preset

My config:

ASUS PRIME Z370A
Intel I7-8700
i didn't put my graphic card GeForce GTX 1050 because it make bug the installation.
2 x Crucial 16GB DDR4 in A1 and B1.
For fan et supply : Be Quiet!

Thank for reading and the help :)
A last point, I'm French!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 195
Hi @Amandine ,

I am not aware of LAN issues. I am using a wired Internet connection right now without any problems - running the latest IntelMausiEthernet kext. I guess in your case it is more a thing of adjusting the OS related settings correctly. I do not understand all of your reported issues. We need more relevant information if you want useful advice from community members.

Intel Graphics Fixup is replaced by the whatevergreen in combination with the latest LiLu kext for handling the graphics card. The fixup is included in the whatevergreen kext.

A general advice to you would be that you should use the search function here more often to address specific issues, e.g. with your GTX 1050 ;)

Hi! Awesome build! I see you have a UAD PCIe card in your machine besides the appolo interfaces. Does it require any special configuration to get it working? I have a similar build and am considering getting one. Any tips or info on this is welcome. Thanks!

Hi @nickerpmg ! Thank you :) I am using UAD PCIe cards since 2014 in my hackintosh builds and it works like a charm. Over the years, I did not have any problems with it at all. The installation and getting things to work is very straightforward - almost plug & play ;) There are no special configurations required - just install the UAD software & insert the PCIe (refer to the quick install manual). I would suggest you to go for the Quad (at least) or Octo PCIe for mixing purposes - otherwise you probably will not have enough processing power provided by the SHARKs because they do not use the HEXA core processing that was introduced by the latest (3rd) Apollo generation.

@KingBfire,

Thank for your reply,

I retry your USB fix, now only one USB 3.0 doesn't work , but all other work. :roll2:
I try for the wired network, It works !!

Thank a lot.

I will see for my others problems in the website.

Thank again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back