Contribute
Register

Music Player that shares my playlists between macOS and Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LG Gram 13 inch
CPU
i7-8650u
Graphics
Blackmagic eGPU
Hi, I have a Xiaomi Notebook Pro and it is multibooting Windows 10, macOS Mojave, deepin Linux, and ChromeOS perfectly (I have learned a lot of technical information about Hackintosh, multi booting, EFI files from the guides on this forum, without them I would not be able to enjoy my laptop, so thanks).

My situation... Let's say I have a playlist I listen to when I am studying, and a different playlist I listen to when I am gaming. (In reality I have more like 25 different playlists). I have a FAT32 partition with all the mp3 files locally. I can do this with iTunes and almost any music player, but iTunes for example, stores its playlists in separate locations on Windows (NTFS partiton) and on macOS (APFS partition). So I would need to create the exact same playlists twice, and in the future if I add a new song to one of the playlists on Windows it would not change on macOS (+vice versa). I think it would not be hard to have my playlists shared and updated automatically between Windows and macOS, I just need to find a cross platform music player that can store its playlist information in a custom location and set them to the same folder on the FAT32 partition. I tried some music players like Clementine but it doesn't seem to have an option to change the media folder location either. Does anyone know music players with this ability?

I apologize if this is quite trivial compared to the technical problems that Hackintoshers face, I most likely just need a good software recommendation.

PS: cloud music players like spotify sync playlists but I need something that uses my local music files because I listen to non mainstream music so spotify doesn't have a lot of songs

It would be better if the playlists can be shared on Linux as well, but Windows and macOS is most important for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back