CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. I'm coming off using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014). As a music producer and video editor, this old MacBook is slowing down on me the bigger my projects are getting so I've decided build a Hackintosh. It'll be my first time building and I've just begun doing my research on what to buy. But theres so much info out there I'm getting overwhelmed when. I need someone to be straight with me when it comes to the right choices.

I plan on doing music production and video editing equally, using mostly Logic Pro X, Adobe After Effects and Premiere. I also plan on doing a bit of streaming to Twitch while I produce music. I understand I need a solid CPU and a lot of RAM (I'm thinking 32gb) but I'm lost when it comes to what motherboard to buy (wifi and BT are not necessary. Might get dongles later), how to cool everything (liquid? or not?), what power supply and case to get. As for the size of my PC I have no strict requirements. I'd like to have room to expand so I don't want to be confined to a small case but I also don't need a massive tower. I don't plan on over clocking as I am unfamiliar with all of this and don't want to take any risks. I just need something that will work with as little hassle as possible but I'm still willing to put in the hours to build and maintain a nice machine. If I wasn't going to build my own PC I'd probably just buy the latest Macbook so my MAX budget is $1500. If I could build something better than my 2014 Macbook for less than that, that'd obviously be ideal.

Also, I've heard conflicting info about using audio cards. Right now I'm just sending sound via USB to my 2i2 interface then out to KRKs. I've been told I need an audio card for a hackintosh but I've also been told since my interface is usb that an AC is unnecessary. Whats the deal?

If you're a content creator like me let me know what your starting build was like! Any recommendations on what a good build for my situation would be super helpful!

Thanks guys,
SnaccPacc

so you know what you want but you dont know what you need :)
you dont need an audio card your USB DAC will work same as on your mac.
just pick any golden build or any hw from the buyers guide as per the availability of the hw in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back