i9 9900K
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I recently moved my Hackintosh to a new shared workspace. Me and my co-workers are looking to share this machine.
We all would like to use our own installations of OS X and run them in parallel. (just to be clear: for specific reasons we don't want to have multiple users).

Our idea is basically this:
- We have an existing Hackintosh running Yosemite on SSD, with Windows 8 running on a seperate HDD
- We want to add a new SSD drive and copy the whole OS from an MBP onto it (using either CCC or TimeMachine, whatever works)

The question is: would all of the above be possible, and would be we able to boot from Clover, without having to format the existing drives inside the hackintosh? Can we just transfer the outside OS as is, or do we need to reinstall it using UniBeast?

Hope this makes any sense.

Thanks,
friso

It should work as you planned.

Hi everyone,

I recently moved my Hackintosh to a new shared workspace. Me and my co-workers are looking to share this machine.
We all would like to use our own installations of OS X and run them in parallel. (just to be clear: for specific reasons we don't want to have multiple users).

Our idea is basically this:
- We have an existing Hackintosh running Yosemite on SSD, with Windows 8 running on a seperate HDD
- We want to add a new SSD drive and copy the whole OS from an MBP onto it (using either CCC or TimeMachine, whatever works)

The question is: would all of the above be possible, and would be we able to boot from Clover, without having to format the existing drives inside the hackintosh? Can we just transfer the outside OS as is, or do we need to reinstall it using UniBeast?

Hope this makes any sense.

Thanks,
friso
Does your case have a free optical drive bay? If yes, get a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00856XFUS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Then everyone has their own HDD/SSD and can come in, slip their OS drive in the bay and boot up. When done, shut down, take away their drive and store it. Total privacy and no worries about your coworker accidently messing up your files.

Thanks everyone! We're gonna try this, I'll post all the good and bad stuff on this one as we proceed.

Does your case have a free optical drive bay? If yes, get a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00856XFUS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Then everyone has their own HDD/SSD and can come in, slip their OS drive in the bay and boot up. When done, shut down, take away their drive and store it. Total privacy and no worries about your coworker accidently messing up your files.

This is crazy! It would be perfect actually. Thank you for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back