Contribute
Register

Multiple monitors with integrated graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Intel Z370-A Coffee Lake ATX
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
???
I'm collecting components for my first Hackintosh build. I'd like to use an i7 8700K CPU, with an Asus motherboard, and the integrated graphics specs go:

* Drives up to 3 monitors
* Up to 4096x2304 resolution on DP & HDMI interfaces

The machine is for music production and web development, NOT gaming, streaming or graphics processing. So I hope I don't need extreme graphics processing.

If I build a Sierra/High Sierra hackintosh, will it be able to drive 1 or 2 monitors at the resolutions suggested by the 8700K's graphics specs... without needing a dedicated PCIe GPU?

Thanks!

Hi,
The Intel UHD 630 graphics that came with i7-8700K supports a maximum of three monitors; it also support a max res. of 4096x2304@60Hz on DP (on HDMI 1.4, 4K is supported only @24Hz). Triple monitor support on macOS are unknown, and most triple monitor setup on the forum are done with at least one discrete graphics; however, two 4K monitors should be fine, as long as your motherboard supports it (some mobos does not have enough DP ports).
Hope these helps.

That's really helpful. My motherboard's an Asus Prime Z370-A, which has 1 DisplayPort output and 1 HDMI - plus a DVI-D, although that won't drive anything above 1080p resolution. I'll get a single monitor working initially, then try that out with different ports... then try a pair of monitors, see how I go. Have a good weekend, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back