Contribute
Register

Multiple GPUs - 4 Monitors - Mavericks HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel i7 3770K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

So I bought a very inexpensive GPU so I can run 4 monitors.

System: Desktop - Mavericks 10.9.4
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel i7 3770K
GPU1: GeForce GTX 650 (runs 3 monitors perfectly)
GPU2: GeForce GT 610 (recently purchased for the 4th monitor)

I have 3 monitors plugged into GPU1 and 1 monitor into GPU2 -- however the monitors go into power save mode after the white apple boot screen. If I only use 3 monitors (all from GPU1), then it would work perfectly fine.

I've tried GraphicsEnabler bootflags but it doesn't work.
Can you tell me what I need to do??

Thanks!!

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist
-----------------
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 6.57.24 PM.png

Hi binh828,

I'm no expert but I will try to see if I can assist you from my experience of multiple monitors and multiple gpu's. Also, I can only speak about the parts I have used. I've only used Gigabyte MB so I don't know all the intricacies of ASUS boards. I am able to run a fourth monitor off the MB because of the i7 3770K's built in HD4000 gpu. From day one (which is almost 2 years now) I've never had a problem detecting the HD4000. I just made sure my bios was set for initial graphics. Also, in the beginning I had to do an injection into the .plist (which is no longer needed and has been fixed in multi beast). Personally, I would try to get the HD4000 working before I tried to put in a second pcie graphics card because the HD4000 is quite capable. Take out both GPUs and get the HD4000 working and then install the GTX650. I used to have a GTX 650ti in my hackpro but I removed it and stuck it in my HTPC (Hackintosh) because I couldn't get it to be stable with FCPX.

I know this is not a how to but maybe it will help focus your search for a solution. Best of luck!

you should be able to run 4 monitors from the GTX650 btw when i had the EVGA 650Ti Boost i could run 4 monitors off that card but you haven't listed what GTX650 so i can't help you but depending on your GTX650 if it has 4 ports on the card then you can run 4 monitors off the GTX650 also another thing is both of them cards require GraphicsEnabler=No if I'm correct i know with the 650 its GraphicsEnabler=No but can you please list the model of the GTX650 and your other card

i know with the GTX610 you need PCIRootUID=0 also npci[FONT=arial, sans-serif]=0x2000 and I'm curtain with that card it requires GraphicsEnabler=Yes but id recommend using your HD graphics if its supported in OSX and use your GTX650 [/FONT]

POSTPro,

Thanks for your input. I've to get the HD4000 and GTX650 to work together before but no luck. I will give it another try with your recommendations.

jbamford,

I have the GTX 650 (non-TI) version so there are only 3 ports available and it runs all 3 monitors perfectly fine. Unless there's a way to get 4 inputs by splitting one of the inputs into two -- let me know. I will try your bootflags for the 610 and see if that works. I'll also try to fix my integrated & discrete graphics problem on my system.

Thanks for both of your comments!

oh i get you now and when using your onboard HD4000 and GTX650 you will need to set the onboard graphics to primary also id recommend taking your GTX card out and setting up the onboard first when you got your HD4000 working then just pop your GTX card in and it should work thats how i did mine but as I've got a 760 4 monitors work straight away but the other thing you could do is your your 650 and 210 and use the money and buy a GTX760 but thats up to you :thumbup:

your issue here is that one of the graphics cards needs graphics injection while the other doesn't the GTX 650 requires GraphicsEnabler=No while the GT 610 requires GraphicsEnabler=Yes and there is no way to select one flag for one card and the other flag for the other

Now with that bad news being said you might be able to still get them going by doing this in the bios select the GT610 for the primary and put it into the first PCIEx16 slot on the motherboard and put the GTX650 in the second then boot up with GraphicsEnabler=Yes nv_disable=1

Never tried this with two Nvidia cards so Im not certain it will work I have done this with a radeon card requiring GraphicsEnabler=Yes and a Nvidia card requiring GraphicsEnabler=No so it might work but no promises

If that doesn't work I suggest you replace the GT610 with a GT640

Did you ever get the 4 monitors to work for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back