UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings! Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help me.

I have been trying to get working a multichannel solution with my surround sound system. After much fiddling, my main desire is to have discrete multi-channel audio output from my graphics card's HDMI port. This is my #2 system listed in my signature, which is an ASUS P7H55-M Pro MoBo + PNY GeForce GT220 graphics card. The card is connected to an Integra DTR-50.3 receiver via HDMI. This is also a non-DSDT system.

My videos are multichannel AAC (discrete 6 channel) and I play them through Quicktime, which will allow me to send the individual channels to the appropriate speaker. The MPEG files have multiple layers of video and QT is the only player that handles them properly. I do not care about AC3 or DTS surround... I am only interested in a Quicktime + AAC solution.

I currently have VoodooHDA 0.2.56 installed, which gives me 4 "Digital-out (HDMI)" in SysPrefs>Sound. The second one listed gives me only stereo audio to the receiver. In Audio MIDI Setup, I have tested each individual HDMI to see if I can have it pass noise to any of the speakers, but the only one to do so is the second one and it only does so to the L+R. I have tried making an "Aggregate Device" and tested that way too, but still only the front L+R speakers produce sound.

I have not been able to get any AppleHDA to work from MultiBeast 4.6.1, 5.0.2, or 5.1.2. VoodooHDA 0.2.1 does the same thing but shows "Digital Out" instead, 0.2.2 does nothing, and any version higher than 0.2.56 causes kernel panics, but a few restarts seem to get it back to normal.

Is there some way that I can make sound pass through to the other channels on the receiver? If this really doesn't end up working then I will succumb to using the MoBo analog outs or a multichannel USB sound device.

Thanks again for your time.

I have been trying to get working a multichannel solution with my surround sound system. After much fiddling, my main desire is to have discrete multi-channel audio output from my graphics card's HDMI port. This is my #2 system listed in my signature, which is an ASUS P7H55-M Pro MoBo + PNY GeForce GT220 graphics card. The card is connected to an Integra DTR-50.3 receiver via HDMI. This is also a non-DSDT system.
What audio codec is installed on the motherboard?

Thanks. I've tried MultiBeast/ALC889... in system information, Intel High Definition Audio shows up, but nothing in SysPrefs>Sounds or AudioMIDI.

I wish that were true, but I've never done anything wrong in my entire life. ;-)

Seriously, there could be a user interface error happening here, but I can't figure out what. I've tried every possible option. I even manually remove any kexts that could interfere when I install MultiBeast 5.1.2 with your ALC889, non-DSDT option.

As a side note, how do "System Utilities" work in MultiBeast - Mountain Lion Edition? I always run it from 4.1.6 before I restart.

I wish that were true, but I've never done anything wrong in my entire life. ;-)

Seriously, there could be a user interface error happening here, but I can't figure out what. I've tried every possible option. I even manually remove any kexts that could interfere when I install MultiBeast 5.1.2 with your ALC889, non-DSDT option.

As a side note, how do "System Utilities" work in MultiBeast - Mountain Lion Edition? I always run it from 4.1.6 before I restart.
Every possible option ensures audio failure. There is only one option that works. If it doesn't work, you have to start over before you try another.

In your case, use MultiBeast 5.1.2 - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xxWith DSDT/ALC889. Reply with dsdt and attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. MultiBeast 5.1.2 runs System Utilities automatically with any kext install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back