Intel i5-3450 3.1 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed Going Bald's Multibooting Guide for the novice to install Windows XP on a separate hard drive. My OSX is Mountain Lion. I did everything it said in the guide, the XP was working fine before I reconnected OSX, but when I try to boot to XP from the Chimera boot loader, all I get is a "Non-system disk" message. What am I doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of is I didn't install ACHI drivers for the Maravell SATA drives, just the northbridge ones. Also, am I supposed to delete the Extra folder off of my OSX HD? In the boot order in my BIOS, I can see the hard drive that has XP on it- one says UEFI and one doesn't. Does it matter witch one is first? I tried both, but it didn't seem to matter. In theory, could I just leave the XP drive on a Maravell SATA port with IDE?

I'm really sorry if I'm being dumb, I am new to Hackintoshes, and I really would like to get XP up and running. Thanks for your help!

[FIXED] Multibooting ML and Win XP

Figured it out! I tried redoing the entire process, but this time I installed the Maravell ACHI drivers, deleted the Extra folder from the Mac HD, and made sure to repair my permissions. All of those things together, and now my XP drive works!

Thanks again to Going Bald for the awesome guide and the extra help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back