CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
K2000, K4000, R9 270x, W5000 & others
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Clover or Opencore? which will enable me to install a LOT of versions (well at least 2!) of MacOS and boot them? How do we give each different config.plist/kexts?

Some research tells me OpenCore is not the one... and Clover does puts kexts into diff folders but has only one config.plist... so might be an issue...

What about having a GPT format SSD with Linux installed first in UEFI mode, a 200Mb FAT32 partition followed by a 20GB HFS partition for each version of MacOS. Then Grub could chain load each version of MacOS by loading its Clover setup followed by the partition of MacOS?

One onedrive ? I doubt you can have multiple boot loaders on one drive.
One option would be to just install each OS one its own drive.
Or if you realy need a bunch Virtual Machines might be for you ,but I have nevert tried such stuff

Me too! And only load Clover or Open Core on one EFi partition and select it as Boot Option1.
I think thats teh easies way to keep things simple.

Some research tells me OpenCore is not the one... and Clover does puts kexts into diff folders but has only one config.plist... so might be an issue...

What about having a GPT format SSD with Linux installed first in UEFI mode, a 200Mb FAT32 partition followed by a 20GB HFS partition for each version of MacOS. Then Grub could chain load each version of MacOS by loading its Clover setup followed by the partition of MacOS?
I think thats teh easies way to keep things simple.
Me too! And only load Clover or Open Core on one EFi partition and select it as Boot Option1.

I agree with @Gigamaxx . I use the exact same EFI folder to boot both my Sierra and Mojave dual SSD, macOS setup. Yes a config.plist setting for jpeg Preview is not needed in Sierra, but no ill-effects. Perfectly stable and reliable.

:)

Better to get a multi-drive unit with power switches for each drive like this: ICY-DOCK

Better to get a multi-drive unit with power switches for each drive like this: ICY-DOCK
download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back