Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 670
Hi. I´ve my hackintosh working with El Capitan in an SSD. I bought and connect another SSD (240 GB) and i want to install Mojave in it without erase El Capitan. I have installed and had formatted as OS X Plus. I have downloaded Mojave install app in the Appstore and i have ran it. When the system had prompted to restart to continue the installation i have accepted but always it restart in El Capitan disk. How can i continue installation? In Clover I have not seen any option to select new SSD. Sorry for my poor english. Thanks a lot

If you press F3 at the Clover boot screen, do you then see your Mojave partition ?
No. If i push F3 in Clover boot screen I enter in a different gray screen with a Boot Manager.
In the Clover screen I have three options: 1-Boot Clover fro EFI, 2-Boot Mac OSX fron El Capitán and 3-Boot Recovery from Recovery HD.
My Clover version is 2.3k. Should I update Clover? Must I make a backup before update it?
Thanks a lot!

Note: Each OSX must be on one separated SSD

Hi. I've my hackintosh working with El Capitan in an SSD. I bought and connect another SSD (240 GB) and i want to install Mojave in it without erase El Capitan. I have installed and had formatted as OS X Plus. I have downloaded Mojave install app in the Appstore and i have ran it. When the system had prompted to restart to continue the installation i have accepted but always it restart in El Capitan disk. How can i continue installation? In Clover I have not seen any option to select new SSD. Sorry for my poor english. Thanks a lot

You downloaded the Mojave installer in El Capitan and then directly ran it in El Capitan, correct?

If so, and since it seemed to me your version of Clover is quite old, it most probably did not support booting Mojave and that is probably why you don't see an option to boot Mojave from the SSD.

Here we generally use Unibeast (9.3.0, the Mojave version) to create a bootable USB stick for use to install Mojave from the stick and since the Clover version on the stick is recent enough to support Mojave the installation process should then be able to continue.

Will you consider booting back in El Capitan and create a bootable USB stick using Unibeast 9.3 and the Mojave installer you downloaded to create a bootable USB stick and then boot from that stick to install Mojave on the second SSD?

Last edited:
You downloaded the Mojave installer in El Capitan and then directly ran it in El Capitan, correct?

If so, and since it seemed to me your version of Clover is quite old, it most probably did not support booting Mojave and that is probably why you don't see an option to boot Mojave from the SSD.

Here we generally use Unibeast (9.3.0, the Mojave version) to create a bootable USB stick for use to install Mojave from the stick and since the Clover version on the stick is recent enough to support Mojave the installation process should then be able to continue.

Will you consider booting back in El Capitan and create a bootable USB stick using Unibeast 9.3 and the Mojave installer you downloaded to create a bootable USB stick and then boot from that stick to install Mojave on the second SSD?
Ok. Let´s go on this way. I hope i don´t lose my Clover settings to run El Capitan. Thanks a lot!

Ok. Let´s go on this way. I hope i don´t lose my Clover settings to run El Capitan. Thanks a lot!

If you are to go the USB route, make sure you boot from the stick to start the Mojave installation and if the system reboots during the installation process you will have to boot from the stick (you can do this by pressing F12 during system start and choose the USB stick to boot) to make sure the installation process can continue.

Of course you should also make sure your BIOS settings match the Mojave Installation Guide, but since you are able to boot El Capitan I suppose this should have been taken care of.

Ok. I had rebooted a few times and I am in a loop. In clover only appears run the USB (loops selects language everytime and reinstall) or run El Capitan (all settings missed. Only onde monitor, laggy refresh...) How can I see Mojave in Clover screen? Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back