i7-37700S
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I had a dual-boot to the same drive, Windows 10 + Catalina. I deleted the Catalina partition and now I want
to delete clover.

How can I delete clover? Thanks!

Hi,
I had a dual-boot to the same drive, Windows 10 + Catalina. I deleted the Catalina partition and now I want
to delete clover.

How can I delete clover? Thanks!

Hi there.

Did you have a Legacy installation of macOS or a UEFI?

Since you deleted the Catalina partition you will have to access the EFI partition from Windows 10 command line via diskpart app.
Open the command window as administrator and type
diskpart
list disk //if you only have one drive, it is easy to find - say it is disk 0//
select disk 0
list part //determine the EFI partition - if the Win10 installer created it, it will be 200MB - say it is partition 1//
sel part 1
assign letter=d //letter may be any unused letter//
exit
taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
explorer.exe
exit

now open win10 file explorer - you should have the drive letter you just assigned to the EFI partition in the left pane and have access to it. Just delete the Clover folder.

Since you deleted the Catalina partition you will have to access the EFI partition from Windows 10 command line via diskpart app.
Open the command window as administrator and type
diskpart
list disk //if you only have one drive, it is easy to find - say it is disk 0//
select disk 0
list part //determine the EFI partition - if the Win10 installer created it, it will be 200MB - say it is partition 1//
sel part 1
assign letter=d //letter may be any unused letter//
exit
taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
explorer.exe
exit

now open win10 file explorer - you should have the drive letter you just assigned to the EFI partition in the left pane and have access to it. Just delete the Clover folder.
Thanks, so I just delete the folder Clover?. And it will continue booting?

1607711377602.png

Deleting only the Clover folder still shows the Clover boot screen after reboot, will delete the Apple folder and the clover_install.log file, then report back. Many thanks!

Deleting only the Clover folder still shows the Clover boot screen after reboot, will delete the Apple folder and the clover_install.log file, then report back. Many thanks!
If Clover boot screen still appears delete also the Boot folder.

I left only the folders Boot and Microsoft, and still see the clover boot screen with the Windows partition. Maybe the issue is in the boot folder.

I finally deleted the clover installation, here's the info in case someone needs it:
  1. Mount the EFI partition in Windows, as in #3
  2. Delete all the data in the EFI partition
  3. Run the command:
    bcdboot c:\windows
Here are the details
To mount the EFI partition, select the disk, list volume and select the EFI volume or the one with the 200MB partition size. You can also find using the list part/select part command.
Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk X
list vol
select vol X
assign letter=v

If you are booting from the Win10 installation disk, you can run this commands after booting the Win10 installation disk, selecting only the language and pressing Shift+F10
Then you need to specify the EFI drive:
Code:
bcdboot C:\Windows /s V: /f UEFI
Sometimes the Windows folder in another drive letter when booting from the Win10 installation USB

If you need to delete your EFI drive, you can use:
Code:
rmdir /s EFI
attrib -s -h -r filename_or_folder
del filename
rmdir /s folder

And last, remove the drive letter from diskpart, as above, select the volumen or partition, and run:
Code:
remove letter=v

HTH, will mask as resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back