[Dualboot] Existing W7 + El Capitan (SeparateDrive) ASUS CM6870-CA001S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

I add another hard drive to my computer recently and I want to make a dualboot. For the moment I have "Windows 7" on my main drive but on the new one I want to install "Mac OS X El Capitan" so this way my computer will have a dualboot. I already tried to make it but at the end of the install with "unibeast/clover" (I have a legacy Bios) and after installing the kexts (I think were good for my pc parts) the sound not work my "Geforce 630" is detected but Mac system property tell the memory of the GPU is: 0 mo (not sure if the kext work for it). And when I boot I can't boot on clover without the "unibeast USB". My "Windows 7" can't boot in "AHCI mode" and when I turn it off and put it back to "raid mode" my "Mac OS X El Capitan" can't boot. For booting again my "Windows 7" I have to desactivate the "AHCI mode". I want a "Mac OS X" system for audio production and if possible that all functions works...

If someone can help me to setting it up properly or give me tutorials or guides for my built/pc parts its will help me a lot. I see many guys success to make Hackintosh all works with "ASUS CM6870" but they not have the same pc parts of mine [CM6870-CA001S]. I install "El Capitan" because its the most recent "Mac OS X release" to support my graphic card "Geforce GT 630", on Sierra its still not supported but if you have other suggestions Im open to select another "Mac OS X release".

I attach an hardwares report of my pc. Thanks in advance for the reply

Attachments

• Report_CM6870-CA001S.txt
    535 KB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:
So, H77 chipset + i7 3770 in an Asus computer with Win7 SP1 and you want to install OS X on a separate drive and dual boot.
From your description it seems the major stumbling block here is the way Win7 was installed - i.e. RAID mode.

Understand that OS X does not recognize as RAID any setup other than its own soft RAID setup and it will only install with the SATA mode set to AHCI.

Are you willing to re-install Win7 in SATA mode AHCI and take the performance hit?

Are you willing to re-install Win7 in SATA mode AHCI and take the performance hit?

So my options if I understand ares: 1. Reinstall Windows 7 in AHCI and loose a lot of performance. 2. (If I install Windows 8 or 10 will it be better ?).

Is it because I install Windows 7 in Legacy Mode that cause a lot of problem. If I reinstall everything in UEFI will it be better ? I dont understand the Raid mode its the first time I try making a Hackintosh I have an idea of what is UEFI and Legacy Mode but ¨Raid mode¨ I dont know the purpose really xd.

Now even if I put my pc back in RAID mode I cant even boot on my Windows 7 partition. I was thinking the hard drive was corrupt but when Im on Mac OS I cant still see the files and the partition on the Windows 7 hard drive. I still get this message (attached file) when I try to boot on Windows 7 before the logo appear I bluescreen before the logo is complete.

Dont know how to get Windows 7 booting again I have a backup but I prefer booting again if possible.

Geforce GT 630 = I think its still not supported and impossible to run with ¨Sierra¨ so the best build must be something like: *Mac OS X El Capitan* and *Windows 10* in UEFI and AHCI Mode ?

What is your advise to make the most of the performance of my computer on Mac OS as well as on Windows ?

Attachments

• 16143903_10210114413910654_737157115_n.jpg
    16143903_10210114413910654_737157115_n.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Legacy mode installation is irrelevant.
You get the message because you have the SATA mode set to RAID but somehow you have lost the RAID on the drive.
RAID is for when you have multiple drives and want to combine them together into one drive or set of drives - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID
I had assumed Asus installed the Win7 OS, since it is an Asus gaming machine.
If you installed Win7 and had a single drive and did not create a RAID array when you installed Win7 there was no need for SATA mode=RAID.
If you have an Asus recovery disc you might be able to restore it back to factory and then restore from your backup.
If no recovery disc, best path forward is to backup everything on the Win7 drive and re-install with the SATA mode set for AHCI and install UEFI mode.

Legacy mode installation is irrelevant.
You get the message because you have the SATA mode set to RAID but somehow you have lost the RAID on the drive.
RAID is for when you have multiple drives and want to combine them together into one drive or set of drives - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID
I had assumed Asus installed the Win7 OS, since it is an Asus gaming machine.
If you installed Win7 and had a single drive and did not create a RAID array when you installed Win7 there was no need for SATA mode=RAID.
If you have an Asus recovery disc you might be able to restore it back to factory and then restore from your backup.
If no recovery disc, best path forward is to backup everything on the Win7 drive and re-install with the SATA mode set for AHCI and install UEFI mode.

Thanks I will do this and after I will try to fix the bugs with the Kext and clover boot. Even if I take the great kext for my soundcard I still get no sound, for the HD audio kext I don't know what is the proper one and is it normal after aplying the gpu kext its write GT 630 - 0 mo at the place of 2 GB ?

Sound is now ok. When I use VLC the sound is crackling so I use another video player app. And when I run Logic Pro X and quit the software after I lost the sound I have to reboot the pc. My GPU is detected in ¨about my mac¨ but it tell my gpu have 0 ram but it have 2 GB. Even after I install the nvidia cuda mac driver. So Im not sure my GPU driver works well. The definitions and graphics on my monitor looks great but sometimes when I play HD video it looks ugly so Im not sure.

Sound is now ok. When I use VLC the sound is crackling so I use another video player app. And when I run Logic Pro X and quit the software after I lost the sound I have to reboot the pc. My GPU is detected in ¨about my mac¨ but it tell my gpu have 0 ram but it have 2 GB. Even after I install the nvidia cuda mac driver. So Im not sure my GPU driver works well. The definitions and graphics on my monitor looks great but sometimes when I play HD video it looks ugly so Im not sure.

Hi, I have the same setup, CM 6870, running Sierra, but no sound. In system preferences it shows HDMI Digital output, which I don't have. What sound card or what are you using?

Hi, I have the same setup, CM 6870, running Sierra, but no sound. In system preferences it shows HDMI Digital output, which I don't have. What sound card or what are you using?
To get your sound working you can use different methods: Multibeast is an option, AppleHDAPatcher and cloverHDA are also options.
But first you need to determine which audio chipset your system uses.
You can do it for example with AIDA64 Extreme on windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back