Contribute
Register

Multibeast = you need to restart. Cannot re-install or boot up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ee
CPU
ee
Graphics
ee
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I fudged up with my understanding of what exactly I was doing the other night. I own a Macbook Pro from late 2011, and wanted to install the same OS X onto my custom PC. I downloaded Multibeast and thought it would use one of my OS X installers and put it on a USB for me to install on my PC. Big mistake apparently. Mid-install on my MacBook I got some weird error and was told I needed to restart. Afterwards it refused to boot up and kept giving me some kernel panic black screen. I then deleted the Macbook parition using Utilities, and attempted to reinstall using a number of older DVD installs. But none of them seem to work and result in black screens and whatnot. I believe my Macbook came pre-installed without any DVDs..... I'm letting it try to download Mac OS X Lion from the Backup Reinstall helped (from the App store?), but the first time it failed so I'm skeptical about this time.... any suggestions? If this install fails (it says itll take 3 hours to "download additional components") then I'll post screenshots of the errors I receive when trying to use a reinstall disc.

I'm in a panic here. Is there some unfixable damage done? Should I take it to Apple? I feel like an idiot for using Multibeast without fully understanding what I was doing :/

Yeah you fudged up.
Multibeast is not to be installed on a true working Mac in any sense.

You can try to take it back to Apple and see if they fix it or not, or try booting into safemode and removing the stuff Multibeast put on your system, dont know if you can though.

Try to download the mac os recovery using ethernet, unless you have to buy a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.

i think what you want is Unibeast.

Multibeast is for after the installation process is complete and meant for custom mac builds.

If you have apple hardware running mac os, multibeast not needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back