Contribute
Register

Multibeast: "The installation failed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here :(
Install went well
Stuck on multibeast install :(

How did you delete the FakeSMC plugins? I keep getting KPs and wonder if that is my problem.

Boot into safe mode (-x) and move the plugin kexts out of /S/L/E. In my case, the console output listed the kexts that were failing on FakeSMC dependencies (filter the console log on 'kext') so I just went through the list moving the kexts out, then rebooted with -f to rebuild the cache.

Perry

Watch the console output when running Multibeast for helpful info on what is failing (launch console, then filter on 'kext').

Perry

though i've got ML working, i thought i'd try this since multibeast still fails. i tried installing fakesmc and plugins again with console on ("kext" filtered) and saw the messages below. i have no idea what it means.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 6.57.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 6.57.37 PM.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 434
throwing my name in the hat as well for those stuck on this problem. build is in the sig

same error as hapa17 in console

7/29/12 12:17:10.848 AM com.apple.kextd[12]: kextcache error while updating / (error count: 30)
7/29/12 12:17:15.862 AM com.apple.kextd[12]: /: kextcache has had enough tries; not launching any more

any insight would be much appreciated.

Multibeast problems

I too am stricken with the same issues as the rest of you. I finally got an install to work and didn't bother trying to run Mulitbeast in the fear that it would just result in another kp. I can't even get the sound to work in Lion if I revert back to it. I had a Custombeast as well and it also won't work in either Lion or ML. I hope this can get resolved soon. I'd like my sound back. :( P.S. I tried the KextWizard workaround with no avail as well.

Finally get Multibeast working, here is what I did

use Kext Wizard to install ATI6000controller.kext
use Kext Wizard to repaire permission and rebuild cache
run Multibeast to install the reset of the kext
done, no more installation failed message

Hope this help

Finally get Multibeast working, here is what I did

use Kext Wizard to install ATI6000controller.kext
use Kext Wizard to repaire permission and rebuild cache
run Multibeast to install the reset of the kext
done, no more installation failed message

Hope this help

is kext wizard the same as kext beast? if not, where do i get kext wizard?

and where do i get ATI6000controller.kext?

no, kext beast is not kext wizard

here is the link to kext wizard Kext Wizard 3.7.10 - Downloads - OSx86.net

ATI6000controller.kext is from your working OS install's S/L/E
if you don't know how to backup your ATI6000controller.kext read this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

hmmm, doesn't seem to be working for me. let me go over this to make sure i got you straight. i downloaded Kext Wizard. went to the Installation tab, browsed to my cloned Lion drive on which Multibeast works, and selected the ATI6000controller.kext folder in S/L/E, and installed that kext into my current ML drive with the System/Library/Extensions button selected. once done, i went back to the Maintenance tab and ticked the "Repair permissions" and "Rebuild cache" boxes under "System/Library/Extensions". i hit execute. then i opened Multibeast and tried installed FakeSMC.kext and the plugins as well as System Utilities just to see if it could complete installation without failing, but it still fails. did i go about this correctly? should i have rebooted anywhere in there?

had the same problem yesterday with my miniITX System. Bevore that my ML Intall failed, but i was able too boot anyways. But than Multibeast install failed...
perhaps try an older Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back