Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Already reinstalled macOS Mojave for the fifth time now. Because somehow i’m doing something wrong with multibeast.

I checked UEFI.

For audio I checked AppleALC.

For disk i selected everything.

Miscellaneous checked the HWMonitor, Powermanagment and the plug-ins.

For ethernet I checked IntelMausiEthernet.

For USB USBInjectAll and USB 3 support and 7/8/9 support.

For Graphics i checked Whatevergreen and Lilu.

For System i chose iMac 18,1

I don’t know why it never boots, please help someone.

Hi,

Already reinstalled macOS Mojave for the fifth time now. Because somehow i’m doing something wrong with multibeast.

I checked UEFI.

For audio I checked AppleALC.

For disk i selected everything.

Miscellaneous checked the HWMonitor, Powermanagment and the plug-ins.

For ethernet I checked IntelMausiEthernet.

For USB USBInjectAll and USB 3 support and 7/8/9 support.

For Graphics i checked Whatevergreen and Lilu.

For System i chose iMac 18,1

• With the information provided, it is hard to know why you cannot boot your newly installed MacOS Mojave system disk on which you had run Multibeast.
  • May be answers to the following questions may take us somewhere to suggest the next best troubleshoot step:
    • After Multibeast install, are you able to see your MacOS Mojave System Hard disk in the BIOS_BIOS Features >Boot Option Priorities as Boot Option #1?
    • Are you able to see the macOSMojave UEFI Hard disk in Boot Menu screen after you press F12?
    • Are you able to see your macOSMojave Hard disk icon in Clover Boot Manager Screen?
    • What happens if you choose Verbose Boot pressing Space bar [√]Verbose boot (-v) and boot the macOSMojave Hard disk from CBM screen? (Upload Photos of verbose boot screen)​

Hi thanks for your quick reply!!

90DD3423-D8E7-41D8-9A65-13FC15C681A9.png

Above is the image with verbose after booting off the SSD. It shows in BIOS, when I press F12 and in manager screen.

After I installed Clover and configured with the configurator i managed to get these error messages. I don’t have one with Multibeast.

I looked up thousands of guides and videos and tried so many times, I think I need a mentor. I can manage to install macOS without a problem but the post installation is the problem with me. Had no succes with Multibeast nor Clover.

I used this guide as a reverence for the kexts for multibeast and later as clover installation reverence: click here.

I made the USB Stick with unibeast by the way.

It would be awesome if you could help me because I have this computer built for over a year now and I am trying for a year now to put macOS on it.

I am looking forward to be hearing from you soon.

• With the information provided, it is hard to know why you cannot boot your newly installed MacOS Mojave system disk on which you had run Multibeast.
  • May be answers to the following questions may take us somewhere to suggest the next best troubleshoot step:
    • After Multibeast install, are you able to see your MacOS Mojave System Hard disk in the BIOS_BIOS Features >Boot Option Priorities as Boot Option #1?
    • Are you able to see the macOSMojave UEFI Hard disk in Boot Menu screen after you press F12?
    • Are you able to see your macOSMojave Hard disk icon in Clover Boot Manager Screen?
    • What happens if you choose Verbose Boot pressing Space bar [√]Verbose boot (-v) and boot the macOSMojave Hard disk from CBM screen? (Upload Photos of verbose boot screen)​
Full list of my computer parts:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M DS3H
Processor: Intel Core i3-8100
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB
GPU: none
SSD: Kingston SA400S37120G

Full list of my computer parts:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M DS3H
Processor: Intel Core i3-8100
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB
GPU: none
SSD: Kingston SA400S37120G
  • Uploaded Verbose boot screen is showing a Graphics Boot Freezeif that screen remains unchanged at the edited verbose lines as shown on edited image
    • This can be due to BIOS editing problem and/ or CLOVER problem.
  • You can easily fix BIOS problem by accessing BIOS pressing Del key> Peripherals> Initial Display and make it IGFX if not already that.
  • Edit Chipset if needed, as in the image making Internal Graphics Enabled if that option is available otherwise leave it at default: Auto [see edited screen shots]
  • CLOVER problem can be temporarily fixed through CLOVER Boot Manager Screen>Options>Graphics Injector -> screen editing until CLOVER from the hidden EFI of Mojave Hard disk is edited using CCG or other editors .
  • Please boot back and Confirm proper BIOS as per the uploaded edited images and then from, CBM screen go to Options > Boot>Args and take picture and then go down to GraphicsInjector-> and take another photo and upload both for advice.
  • A different approach after fixing BIOS issues if any is to boot using your USB Installer disk to CBM and then switch to System disk to Desktop and Edit mounted EFI>CLOVER with or without Forum help.
  • For Forum Help you need to upload CLOVER as zipped file using steps from -> #9
Edited to add: I may need one more photo from CBM _Options> SMBIOS screen to see your config.plist choice.

Attachments

• 1.Possible Graphics Boot Freeze need to know BIOS_Peripherals _Init Display and DVMT Pre Alloc...png
    1.Possible Graphics Boot Freeze need to know BIOS_Peripherals _Init Display and DVMT Pre Alloc...png
    680 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.Peripherals.png
    2.Peripherals.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.Chipset.png
    3.Chipset.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
  • Uploaded Verbose boot screen is showing a Graphics Boot Freezeif that screen remains unchanged at the edited verbose lines as shown on edited image
    • This can be due to BIOS editing problem and/ or CLOVER problem.
  • You can easily fix BIOS problem by accessing BIOS pressing Del key> Peripherals> Initial Display and make it IGFX if not already that.
  • Edit Chipset if needed, as in the image making Internal Graphics Enabled if that option is available otherwise leave it at default: Auto [see edited screen shots]
  • CLOVER problem can be temporarily fixed through CLOVER Boot Manager Screen>Options>Graphics Injector -> screen editing until CLOVER from the hidden EFI of Mojave Hard disk is edited using CCG or other editors .
  • Please boot back and Confirm proper BIOS as per the uploaded edited images and then from, CBM screen go to Options > Boot>Args and take picture and then go down to GraphicsInjector-> and take another photo and upload both for advice.
  • A different approach after fixing BIOS issues if any is to boot using your USB Installer disk to CBM and then switch to System disk to Desktop and Edit mounted EFI>CLOVER with or without Forum help.
  • For Forum Help you need to upload CLOVER as zipped file using steps from -> #9
Edited to add: I may need one more photo from CBM _Options> SMBIOS screen to see your config.plist choice.
Hi sorry for the late reply, i appreciate your help so much.

I forgot to mention that when i try to boot to macOS from the SSD the load bar shows but after 2 seconds screen goes black and the computer keeps running. When I hold down the power button to turn off the computer it does but when I power it back on the screen stays black and it immediately turns off with only a short press on the power button. (I can fix this problem by jacking out the power cable and wait a minute before turning it back on)

I can confirm the BIOS settings are successfully completed. But booting isn’t.

(Also I didn’t really understand the fourth option, sorry). I can successfully boot in the system using the USB tho.

The images are attached.

Thank you

Attachments

• 1FFD5946-959D-4D14-8188-7FE794CDECC3.jpeg
    1FFD5946-959D-4D14-8188-7FE794CDECC3.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 94D14587-A7D0-469B-B20E-A8C42B4EC21F.jpeg
    94D14587-A7D0-469B-B20E-A8C42B4EC21F.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 60
  • B47146DF-5985-49AF-872D-2D09F85F06B2.jpeg
    B47146DF-5985-49AF-872D-2D09F85F06B2.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 52
Hi sorry for the late reply, i appreciate your help so much.

I forgot to mention that when i try to boot to macOS from the SSD the load bar shows but after 2 seconds screen goes black and the computer keeps running. When I hold down the power button to turn off the computer it does but when I power it back on the screen stays black and it immediately turns off with only a short press on the power button. (I can fix this problem by jacking out the power cable and wait a minute before turning it back on)

I can confirm the BIOS settings are successfully completed. But booting isn’t.

(Also I didn’t really understand the fourth option, sorry). I can successfully boot in the system using the USB tho.

The images are attached.

Thank you
  • If you can successfully boot to your current Mojave Desktop using the macOSMojave USB installer Disk , it means the following:
    • Your BIOS Options to boot that USB installer is OK and same BIOS options should work for your System HDD to boot to its destination screen , to log on to Mojave Desktop.​
    • The EFI Folder in the hidden EFI partition of your USB installer can boot your System Disk without fail , if you copy and paste that EFI Folder to replace the defective EFI folder of the System Disk currently held in its hidden EFI partition.
  • Here is what I suggest:
    • Boot using your USB installer to CBM and switch to System Disk to boot to Mojave Desktop
    • Once on the Desktop open Finder Preferences and place Check marks on all boxes . This is primarily to get your connected Disk icons to be displayed on the Right side of Desktop to locate and navigate easily for the rest of the steps.[See image]​
    • Download Clover Configurator Global (Earlier version like 5.3.3.0 better) ->Download
    • Launch CCG and from its LEFT Panel , under TOOLS , click "Mount EFI"
    • In the Right panel locate your USB and HDD/SSD as EFI with its given name [See image]
    • From right end click Mount Partition of each [See images white EFI partition of USB and Black EFI partition of SSD/HDD]​
    • Click open HDD EFI partition and delete containing Blue EFI folder
    • Click open White USB Partition and copy EFI Folder
    • Paste copied EFI folder on Black EFI Partition of HDD/SSD
    • Eject Mojave USB Installer
    • Reboot >BIOS>Set macOS UEFI Mojave HDD as Boot Options #1 and Save and boot to CBM
    • From CBM boot in Verbose for any problem screen shot to upload.​
  • If you want to see a similar Z370 Board (NOT THE SAME BOARD) Mojave instillation >https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-mojave-14-2-on-ga-z370p-d3-i5-8600k-intelhd630.268319/

Attachments

• 1.Finder Preferences.png
    1.Finder Preferences.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.CCG _Mount EFI.png
    2.CCG _Mount EFI.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 3.Mount Partitions.png
    3.Mount Partitions.png
    498 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • If you can successfully boot to your current Mojave Desktop using the macOSMojave USB installer Disk , it means the following:
    • Your BIOS Options to boot that USB installer is OK and same BIOS options should work for your System HDD to boot to its destination screen , to log on to Mojave Desktop.​
    • The EFI Folder in the hidden EFI partition of your USB installer can boot your System Disk without fail , if you copy and paste that EFI Folder to replace the defective EFI folder of the System Disk currently held in its hidden EFI partition.
  • Here is what I suggest:
    • Boot using your USB installer to CBM and switch to System Disk to boot to Mojave Desktop
    • Once on the Desktop open Finder Preferences and place Check marks on all boxes . This is primarily to get your connected Disk icons to be displayed on the Right side of Desktop to locate and navigate easily for the rest of the steps.[See image]​
    • Download Clover Configurator Global (Earlier version like 5.3.3.0 better) ->Download
    • Launch CCG and from its LEFT Panel , under TOOLS , click "Mount EFI"
    • In the Right panel locate your USB and HDD/SSD as EFI with its given name [See image]
    • From right end click Mount Partition of each [See images white EFI partition of USB and Black EFI partition of SSD/HDD]​
    • Click open HDD EFI partition and delete containing Blue EFI folder
    • Click open White USB Partition and copy EFI Folder
    • Paste copied EFI folder on Black EFI Partition of HDD/SSD
    • Eject Mojave USB Installer
    • Reboot >BIOS>Set macOS UEFI Mojave HDD as Boot Options #1 and Save and boot to CBM
    • From CBM boot in Verbose for any problem screen shot to upload.​
  • If you want to see a similar Z370 Board (NOT THE SAME BOARD) Mojave instillation >https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-mojave-14-2-on-ga-z370p-d3-i5-8600k-intelhd630.268319/

Okay wow, it booted on its own thank you so much. Even iMessage is working!

Now I need to get those kexts installed.

I can confirm that ethernet is working. (Still have to buy a WiFi and Bluetooth dongle)

Sound is not working.
Graphics are not displayed properly (gui glitches and the dock isn’t displayed properly).
(getting an error message on boot-up about USB not working)

Honestly don’t know what else to check for haha.

But i’m so happy you don’t even know it just booted on its own i’m so grateful.

Edit: I am planning on buying the Radeon RX 580 next month.

Okay wow, it booted on its own thank you so much. Even iMessage is working!

Now I need to get those kexts installed.

I can confirm that ethernet is working. (Still have to buy a WiFi and Bluetooth dongle)

Sound is not working.
Graphics are not displayed properly (gui glitches and the dock isn’t displayed properly).
(getting an error message on boot-up about USB not working)

Honestly don’t know what else to check for haha.

But i’m so happy you don’t even know it just booted on its own i’m so grateful.

Edit: I am planning on buying the Radeon RX 580 next month.
  • Glad your USB installer had the needed EFI to revive the moribund System Disk to boot on its own.
  • Congrats:clap:
  • If you need any help clearly state where you need them
    • Otherwise Prefix the POST TITLE as SOLVED:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back