HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I discovered that Mountain Lion MultiBeast somehow screws the CoreMIDI server functionality. I tried installing a clean Mountain Lion, then booted in safe mode (I can't get in without) and tried opening Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. Opening the MIDI window, it showed the IAC driver and Network devices as it should. I tried installing the user DSDT once more (it didn't work before, GA-Z68XP-UD5 F6), but it didn't boot. When I booted into safe mode, the MIDI window hangs and finally shows that the MIDI server can't be started. What could be causing this? I installed the 3rdPartySATA AHCI (what was it called) and eSATA kexts, Apple Realtek driver and Renesans USB 3.0 drivers. I also checked the Mac Mini "identification" and i5 SSDT.

I'll try to locate where it does that. Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but if you have a clue, call me maybe.

MultiBeast screws MIDI functionality? (Actually, USB 3 drivers.)

And we have a culprit! It's the USB 3.0 drivers that does it.

I removed/didn't install the USB 3 drivers, as the MIDI functionality is more important to me currently. A fix would be very much welcomed :)

Wow...and I just thought I was going crazy or something. I posted a thread a couple weeks ago about this on here and my sound card makers forums, and everyone pretty much told me I was crazy.

...now this comes out.

Oh! Got it, thanks. You said that.

I installed the 3rdPartySATA AHCI (what was it called) and eSATA kexts, Apple Realtek driver and Renesans USB 3.0 drivers.

I did not install those, so that was not my problem.

My problem seems to have something to do with the MIDI drivers for the Digi 003. Console shows me crashing constantly, and Audi MIDI Setup fails to connect to MIDI Server. Looks like I will be switching MIDI interfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back