AMD 6750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys,

Id like to understand a little better which profile I should use when I run MultiBeast for Lion.

I see there are many options as Imac, Mac Pro etc... But I dont really understand which one I should use. I know the common place is to have MacPro 3,1, but cant we change is accordingly?

Here's my system now:

i7 2600k - 8gbRAM - Intel HD 3000 512mb - 64gb SSD

Should I consider using the mac mini profile? I see a drop of graphics performance comming from Snow Leopard after the update to Lion.

thanks!

I had to use the MacMini profile to even get HD3000 graphics to work on my system. However, I'm on a very different motherboard, so I couldn't say for sure if that would make a difference for you or not.

The different profiles, among other things, seem to tell the system which kexts to load at boot. (Again, not positive about that).

Compare the specs of your hardware to that of the closest Apple Mac - either the Mini, iMac or Mac Pro. If the closest match is a Mini, then use the Mini definition.
For Z68 boards with HD graphics and if you want to use the HD3000 ports, either the Mini or the iMac will be closest.
The Mini is a dual core i5 (unless you buy the quad core i5 server version)
The iMac is a quad core i5
There is no Mac Pro with a later processor than the socket 1366 boards - and it uses the Xeon equivalent of the i7 (nehalem or westmere).

Yeah I also have to use mac Mini to be able to use HD3000. When I changed to MacPro3 , my computer is stuck at grey screen with stop-spin. I would love to see my system as macPro but no luck. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I need 6850 :beachball:

schoolsearch09 said:
Yeah I also have to use mac Mini to be able to use HD3000. When I changed to MacPro3 , my computer is stuck at grey screen with stop-spin. I would love to see my system as macPro but no luck. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I need 6850 :beachball:

So if you change the setting to Mac Mini via Multibeast? you were able to boot ok? Sounds like the problem I am having with my Z86 mb HD3000.

I understand Lion supports the HD3000 better.

So if you change the setting to Mac Mini via Multibeast? you were able to boot ok? Sounds like the problem I am having with my Z86 mb HD3000.

I understand Lion supports the HD3000 better.[/quote]

Yes that is the only way I am able to get into Lion. If I set to MacPro , I get stuck at ":beachball: " . It also makes sense because mac pro has an external graphic card and I think Lion is looking for in macpro and can't find it and it get stuck. I am not sure right now whether I should buy 6850 or SSD . SSD would definitely boost my mac speed. But I am waiting to see whether HD3000 is enough for my 24" screen in HD in a month.

That is weird since I have tried using GraphicsEnabler=no as well and using Multibeast and change the sys config to MacMini and still no boot without using iBoot. Still hangs at the Apple Logo for me in 10.6.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back