Contribute
Register

MultiBeast Problems - GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the same type of build on recommendation from here, with the exception of a Nvidia 640. Having rougly the same problems. I can't boot without GraphicsEnabler=No.

Did you find a way to solve the Graphics issue?

(Edit: I have internet, was no issue.)

Bought the same type of build on recommendation from here, with the exception of a Nvidia 640. Having rougly the same problems. I can't boot without GraphicsEnabler=No.

If using internal GPU, always connect with DVI, HDMI or DP - never VGA. VGA does not work properly if it works at all.

[strike]Problem is I'm not using the internal GPU, but an Nvidia 640. The problem persists on DVI aswell.
The computer starts fine and works perfect with GraphicsEnabler=No and the intel graphics disabled in BIOS, but its kinda tiresome having to type that with every start.[/strike]
Found this thread, solved the problem :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...stomac-success-z77x-ud5h-gt-640-i7-3770k.html

Also a bigger problem is that I am unable to set OS X as the default boot drive (trying to set it and every SATA slot turns up except for the one with OS X), it defaults to Windows Bootloader which I think has set up on the motherboard.

Thankful for any help!
(redclouds son, kinda disturbed over this issue cause I told my dad that it'd work flawlessly before he took the leap into building his own computer :p)

If the graphics card is fully supported in OS X (accel, QE/CI) then you don't need a graphics enabler. GE=NO is the goal. The only time you should need GE=YES is if you have multiple gfx cards.

Also a bigger problem is that I am unable to set OS X as the default boot drive (trying to set it and every SATA slot turns up except for the one with OS X), it defaults to Windows Bootloader which I think has set up on the motherboard.

Page 52 of your manual - Hard Drive BBS Priorities - this is where you set your OS X HDD first in boot order.

When you installed Windows, did you have your OS X HDD connected and was it in a higher ranked SATA slot? If so, then your OS X HDD likely has the Windows boot files on it. Windows will put its boot files on drive 0 regardless of the fact you are installing it on drive 1.

[strike]Problem is I'm not using the internal GPU, but an Nvidia 640. The problem persists on DVI aswell.
The computer starts fine and works perfect with GraphicsEnabler=No and the intel graphics disabled in BIOS, but its kinda tiresome having to type that with every start.[/strike]
Found this thread, solved the problem :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...stomac-success-z77x-ud5h-gt-640-i7-3770k.html

You need to choose the correct drive in Hard Drive BBS Priorities. Also, you may find that your drives show up as both UEFI: HD and P#: HD; you'll need to use the P# version. Hope that helps.

You need to choose the correct drive in Hard Drive BBS Priorities. Also, you may find that your drives show up as both UEFI: HD and P#: HD; you'll need to use the P# version. Hope that helps.

Sirhackalot said:
I've now successfully solved all the other issues, and I didn't overwrite the osx drive because I disconnected it during windows install.
My OSX disc is under the P0, and I can access and boot from it (on it now) if I use the F12 command. In BIOS on the other hand I can not set default to P0, it only allows for "Windows Boot Manager", P2, UEFI: ...
I find all of it really odd, seeing as it just seems like it should let me choose P0 as the default boot device.

Page 52 of your manual - Hard Drive BBS Priorities - this is where you set your OS X HDD first in boot order.

When you installed Windows, did you have your OS X HDD connected and was it in a higher ranked SATA slot? If so, then your OS X HDD likely has the Windows boot files on it. Windows will put its boot files on drive 0 regardless of the fact you are installing it on drive 1.

Wasn't page 52, but the BBS priorities tip led me to that part under the BIOS and I solved it, tyvm!
Honestly solved this in just a few hours, wonderful community here!

I had the same problems with the hanging at the boot logo.
I deactivated the VT-d in the BIOS and everything works.
I have still problems to get a sound. In MB I activated Audio-Without DSDT-ALC898 , but noch chance. I can choose my airplay connection, but not my internal Audio...
Has anybody a solution...

GA-Z77X-UD5H
GTX 460SE

Thanks René

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back