Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

Before I state my question, lets get my specs out the way:

Intel Core i3 - 4330

EVGA GTX 750ti SC

8GB(2x4GB) of Corsair Vengeance RAM.

(this is the drive I'm installing OSX on) Crucial 240GB SSD

(Other hdd/ssd) 1 TB HDD(this serves as a backup drive) Crucial 120GB SSD(this has Windows 7 on it)

This is my first hackintosh build/install, please keep in mind that I have no access to any sort of Mac computer, just my retail Snow Leopard Install Disc(10.6.3).

I was able to install Snow Leopard(with iBoot) with no problem, however, I'm having trouble updating to 10.6.8 and selecting multibeast options. What options do I choose? I've installed Mac OSX at least five times trying to do this. When I select EasyBeast, some drivers, and System Utilities, I get boot0. After I fix the boot0 error, the chimera bootloader will load then the computer will restart. The in the last install, I read about my mobo not needing a DSDT(in the custo mac mini 2013). So I tried to not select, again, no luck. If anyone has any experince with this mobo, please(and I mean PLEASE), could you tell what multibeast options I should do:banghead:? Thanks in advance:lol:.

AClulessProgrammer

I was able to install Snow Leopard(with iBoot) with no problem, however, I'm having trouble updating to 10.6.8 and selecting multibeast options. What options do I choose? I've installed Mac OSX at least five times trying to do this. When I select EasyBeast, some drivers, and System Utilities, I get boot0. After I fix the boot0 error, the chimera bootloader will load then the computer will restart. The in the last install, I read about my mobo not needing a DSDT(in the custo mac mini 2013). So I tried to not select, again, no luck. If anyone has any experince with this mobo, please(and I mean PLEASE), could you tell what multibeast options I should do:banghead:? Thanks in advance:lol:.

AClulessProgrammer
What options you choose in MultiBeast is simple - None. There is no support fot the Haswell hardware you have in 10.6.x, so it will never boot from HDD.
Steps to take:

Use iBoot Haswell to boot with.
Boot, swap iBoot Haswell CD for SL DVD 10.6.3 install disk
wait until drive activity ceases, hit F5 to refresh
select the SL icon and install 10.6.3
set up user as normal to get to desktop
go to Apple support and download 10.6.8 update (combo)
swap SL DVD for iBoot Haswell, run the 10.6.8 update, reboot
at desktop go to the app store, download 10.10.3
create USB installation media with either Unibeast or Clover - your choice.
remove iBoot CD, reboot with USB installer and install Yosemite.

Ok thanks :). I'm installing the 10.6.8 update now...I'll let you know if there is success.

EDIT:

I finished installing the 10.6.8 update, rebooted(from the iBoot-Haswell disk into my SL drive), and now I'm stuck at an apple logo. When running the boot flags -v and -x to see what was going on , it seems to halt at [PCI Configuration Begin]. Any idea whats going on here? Should I try without my GFX card?

EDIT 2:

Upon removing the graphics card, the system booted up no problem in the updated 10.6.8. Just have two more questions, will I be able to use my 750ti in Yosemite? And what Multibeast options should I choose(Easybeast, DSDT-free) once in Yosemite? Thanks for all your help!

Ok, another problem now.

I installed the Yosemite installer from the MAS, and tried to create a Unibeast usb from it. I'm doing this on a Sandisk 16GB drive. The problem is, the USB is not showing on the boot list. I have done this a few times now and it is still not working. I have been following the tonymacx86 guide for this. Please, if someone knows what to do, please help.:beachball:

Ok, another problem now.

I installed the Yosemite installer from the MAS, and tried to create a Unibeast usb from it. I'm doing this on a Sandisk 16GB drive. The problem is, the USB is not showing on the boot list. I have done this a few times now and it is still not working. I have been following the tonymacx86 guide for this. Please, if someone knows what to do, please help.
Did you follow the guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html to create your installer?

Using 16GB flash format with 2 partitions first 8GB, second rest of flash. If you still cannot see the flash drive when you hit the F hot key to select a boot device, try with a different flash drive. I have had good luck with Toshiba drives. BTW - use a USB2.0 flash, not USB3.0.

Since you are now installing Yosemite, if you have further problems start a thread in Yosemite Desktop Support forum.

Ok thanks for your help :). If I have more trouble, I'll post in the yosemite forum.

EDIT:

I'm still having the same issue, keep an eye out for me in the Yosemite Desktop Support forums.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back