Contribute
Register

MultiBeast not working Yosemite Skylake :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
How else can I install kexts for Yosemite Skylake?
I don't think that Yosemite includes support for SkyLake.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

There is definitely no support for your GTX 1060 in Yosemite, for that you need Sierra and the Nvidia web drivers.

Is it really impossible for gtx 1060 to work in yosemite? damn it :( Sierra compared to Yosemite. Yosemite is overall better mac os. You know what they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. That's why I prefer yosemite over newer mac os.

Is it really impossible for gtx 1060 to work in Yosemite? damn it :( Sierra compared to Yosemite. Yosemite is overall better mac os. You know what they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. That's why I prefer Yosemite over newer mac os.

No, sorry. Yosemite and Sierra do not natively support Pascal graphics cards like your GTX1060, but Nvidia provides Pascal drivers for Sierra 10.12.4 and later. So you can use these cards in Sierra, but not in Yosemite.

Besides Yosemite does not support Skylake systems like yours (support starts with El Capitan 10.11.4 if I remember correctly), so you most probably will encounter problems even if you are able to get it installed on your system.

New hardware always require new software to support them, it is just the same in Windows or MacOS. You need new drivers or new versions of operating systems to use the new hardware.

If you really want to stay with Yosemite, you should use, for example, a Haswell system with a Maxwell graphics card like the GTX960 which has drivers available for Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back