Contribute
Register

MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.1.1 Installation Failed ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just Installed the mountain lion yesterday then downloaded the multibeast and the DSDT file on my desktop for ASUS P7P55 - Deluxe but after running multibeast it says that installation failed ? any help please ?

1. When running Multibeast, go to the Window menu item and select Installer Log. When Multibeast declares a problem, read the end of the installer log and get a reason for the failure.

2. What items did you select in Multibeast?

Dear sorry for being late..

I got this log..

Oct 17 23:44:33 localhost installd[302]: PackageKit: allow user idle system sleepOct 17 23:44:33 localhost installd[302]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7fa7bb972170 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa7bb9a6b90 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)", NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=(
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
 )} {
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)\"";
arguments = (
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
);
}
Oct 17 23:44:33 localhost Installer[290]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7fb37b054500 {arguments=(
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
 ), NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb37b0874f0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)"}
Oct 17 23:44:33 localhost Installer[290]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Oct 17 23:44:33 localhost Installer[290]: IFDInstallController 7D5085A0 state = 7
Oct 17 23:44:33 localhost Installer[290]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Oct 17 23:44:33 localhost Installer[290]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

and now i dont know which drivers had been installed and which not, it's boots ok, and the VGA is detected only series 5800 HD and mine is 5850 HD, ethernet needs restart after i turn on the system to work .. sound is not working at all but in system report there is ( see image ) .. Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 11.57.01 PM.png ....

advice me please.. is there any chance to make it work flawlessly ?

Go to the Utilities folder and open Terminal. Enter the following commands and post the results.

Code:
Type:  sudo kextcache -system-caches
(give your password - the cursor will not move - there will be no feedback)

Type:  sudo kextcache -update-volume /

I tried the first command but its not working .. but second did work here is the results

IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBAttachedSCSI; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[318] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

There is a problem with IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext. If you remove the kext, Multibeast will work but you might have problems with USB. There should be no reason to have a problem with IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext. It is not a common one to cause problems.

If it were me, I would reinstall. Otherwise, go to /System/Library/Extensions folder and drag the
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext to the Trash. You will need to give your password. Then you can use Multibeast.

In Multibeast, choose:

- Easybeast
- Network - Lnx2Mac
- Audio - VoodooHDA

Hello everyone,

I tried to install Mountain Lion on my Desktop Computer and it worked fine, i can even boot to Windows 8 or OS X without any problems.

All is working find on OS X instead of Audio, so i ran Multibeast and tried to install Audio drivers and the installation failed.
There is the stack from installation :

Oct 19 13:11:48 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> start_* attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:11:48 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:00 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:03 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:05 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:06 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:06 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:07 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attributes and mixed state aborted.
Oct 19 13:12:18 minint-cb1ucc2.home installd[218]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Oct 19 13:12:34 minint-cb1ucc2.home installd[218]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7ff3e0c2ac40 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7ff3e0c28b20 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)", NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=(
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
)} {
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)\"";
arguments = (
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
);
}
Oct 19 13:12:35 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Install failed: Le programme d’installation a rencontré une erreur qui a provoqué l’échec de l’installation. Contactez l’éditeur du logiciel pour obtenir de l’aide.
Oct 19 13:12:35 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Oct 19 13:12:35 minint-cb1ucc2.home Installer[208]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'Le programme d’installation a rencontré une erreur qui a provoqué l’échec de l’installation. Contactez l’éditeur du logiciel pour obtenir de l’aide.'.

I can't figure out the problem..

Thanks for your help

I can't figure out the problem..

It is having trouble rebuilding the kextcache because one or more kexts are damaged. See post #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back