i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had a stable running hackintosh for a month or two now and recently updated to 10.9.5 and used multibeast 6.5 with no issues. My son recently got to my computer and downloaded a bunch of malware etc. and I thought it would be easier to just restore from a time machine back up that I had created. I used my unibeast 4.0.2 drive to boot back into my mavericks install and restored to a previous back up. That back up happened to be 10.9.4. I booted back into my unibeast drive and selected my mac os ssd. After getting in I tried to run multibeast 6.4.2 and 6.5 with a saved copy of my multibeast settings. I keep getting install failed. Internet, sound, etc all works. Just no boot loader. I get boot loader error when i don't boot from unibeast drive. I've tried to install just the chimera boot loader in multibeast, but that fails as well. Please help. i thought this would be easier than hours of anti-malware programs. Guess not :(

Brian

Attached Log Files

Attachments

• MultiBeast.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 197
I've had a stable running hackintosh for a month or two now and recently updated to 10.9.5 and used multibeast 6.5 with no issues. My son recently got to my computer and downloaded a bunch of malware etc. and I thought it would be easier to just restore from a time machine back up that I had created. I used my unibeast 4.0.2 drive to boot back into my mavericks install and restored to a previous back up. That back up happened to be 10.9.4. I booted back into my unibeast drive and selected my mac os ssd. After getting in I tried to run multibeast 6.4.2 and 6.5 with a saved copy of my multibeast settings. I keep getting install failed. Internet, sound, etc all works. Just no boot loader. I get boot loader error when i don't boot from unibeast drive. I've tried to install just the chimera boot loader in multibeast, but that fails as well. Please help. i thought this would be easier than hours of anti-malware programs. Guess not :(

Brian

Have you tried the standalone installer of Chimera ? Download Link

Good Luck

So the boot loader just started working. I restarted computer one time and it booted fine and has been fine since. Idk. Maybe operator error. But my multibeast is still failing installation. I updated from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5 and it broke my audio after sleep. I tried running multibeast 6.1.0 to repair the audio and the install fails. I used multibeast 6.1.0 with 10.9.4 before I did the time machine restore and it worked fine. I also was able to get audio working when I updated to 10.9.5 the first time using 6.1.0.

Brian

So the boot loader just started working. I restarted computer one time and it booted fine and has been fine since. Idk. Maybe operator error. But my multibeast is still failing installation. I updated from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5 and it broke my audio after sleep. I tried running multibeast 6.1.0 to repair the audio and the install fails. I used multibeast 6.1.0 with 10.9.4 before I did the time machine restore and it worked fine. I also was able to get audio working when I updated to 10.9.5 the first time using 6.1.0.

Have you repaired permissions ?

I did. I repaired permissions before updating to 10.9.5 and after updating. Still won't let me install in multibeast.

I was confused when chimera started working out of the blue. All of the tutorials I read said that you had to install chimera again after restoring from time machine back up. Since my multibeast is not installing, idk how it just started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back