Graphics
HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently have been having an issue with Multibeast Install Failed im using the most up to date version avaible and for some reason I get a error saying install fail. At first I would just restart and do a fresh install using Unibeast and now that seems to not be a applicable work around for the situation any ideas?

we need more details. What version MB? What options were selected? Did ML install go OK?

-=Mark=-

I Was using Multibeast Mountain Lion Edition. I do a clean install using Unibeast and the Mac App store. Install goes Fine I do not have to boot into installer using safe boot (-x) but once the install is complete if I do not I get a infinite loop and do not boot into Mountain Lion. Once In mountain Lion I use Multibeast 5.0.2 and I usually says install failed. However Like I mentioned before for some reason a work around of this problem was just doing another fresh install. However that no longer is a applicable option. If multibeast continues to fail I can still boot into Mountain Lion using my unibeast jump drive. Everything functions just fine without the proper kexts beside one Ethernet Port, Integrated Blutooth onboard (do not expect it to work so no real loss) and my audio. (unless I use a USB to headphone adapter cable) The screen shots provided below show the exact settings I was selecting in multi beast. My Hardware is as follows Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3, Intel Core i7 2600k (stock clocked), 8GB Of Corsair Vengeance Ram (shows as 1333 but is really 1600Mhz), XFX Radeon HD 5770, OCZ Petrol 128GB SSD.
Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 11.10.31 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-08-15 at 11.10.37 AM.jpg

I recently have been having an issue with Multibeast Install Failed im using the most up to date version avaible and for some reason I get a error saying install fail. At first I would just restart and do a fresh install using Unibeast and now that seems to not be a applicable work around for the situation any ideas?

Hi Omotic,
Same problem here.

Anyone have an answer for this problem:
MultiBeast 5.0.1, 5.0.2 Install Fails!

Gigabyte P55-USB3 Rev. 2.0, F9
LAN Realtek RTL8111E Chip
Audio Realtek ALC892 Codec
8GB DDR3
EVGA Geforce 550ti, 1GB
(Lion 10.7.3 Runs fine on this unit)

Mountain Lion succesfully installs but MultiBeast 5.0.1,2 Install Fails.
Install fails with and without DSDT
Install fails after booting from UniBeast 1.52, 1.53
Mountain Lion itself installs fine, but if I forgo running MultiBeast, the
stand-alone Chimera 1.11.1 only won't boot new Mountain Lion install.

tia,
squidlles

What error messages did you get?

What I did, when having issues, was doing one setting at a time in MultiBeast.

Just select the, "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" only and see what happens.

Then add the others one-by-one.

That's what worked for me.

Just do essentials first, like sound then network.

Good Luck
-=Mark=-

Same issue here, regardless of options. I only need to install sound!

Log contains the following errors:

Aug 15 19:56:21 Louiss-Mac-Pro.local installd[3514]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Aug 15 19:57:03 Louiss-Mac-Pro.local installd[3514]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7feba0e092e0 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7feba0e061e0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)", NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=(
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
)} {
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)\"";
arguments = (
"-update-volume",
"/",
"-Installer"
);
}
Aug 15 19:57:04 Louiss-Mac-Pro.local Installer[3491]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Aug 15 19:57:04 Louiss-Mac-Pro.local Installer[3491]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Aug 15 19:57:04 Louiss-Mac-Pro.local Installer[3491]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

I tried to just do the essentials and Still it says the install failed. So no one knows a solution to this?

I'm getting the same thing running ML (app store, Uni) on a ASUS G50v. Tried running directly after first book and failed. Built my DSDT file and tried again using UserDSDT and same issue. Only shows the generic "install failed.., contact admin.." error.

Figured mine out thanks to linerjoe on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/62157-multibeast-install-failed.html

"Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps."

I ran the second command and noticed I had the same kext problem. Removed and reran the command, no problems. Ran Multibeast again w/o a problem. Hope this helps!!

Had similar issues though also combined with my backup installation of Lion being unable to boot after ML upgrade. Still trying to find the thread where I got the following. I basically deleted the extras folder and all kexts in S/L/E via a temporarily working clean ML install. Did another install over that directory and the ML upgrade now booted from the Unibeast stick (previously wouldn't). Was then able to run MB on it without the fail message. Did the DSDT install and it now boots! Glad to see it as that is also my archive drive. I had been worried I would have to wipe it entirely in order to get things working.

Will now be wiping my clean install of ML, redoing it after wiping the drive. Will then import my accounts from my Time Machine backup, delete the Extra folder and all kexts in S/L/E, something about the importation of accounts is screwing things up with the kexts. Being able to get my backup installation of Lion upgraded to ML up and running again leaves me hopeful that the same process will allow me to get my most recent Time Machines status restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back