Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Q1: If you need to run MultiBeast a second time to add a new feature, do you need to recheck all of the settings you had on your first run or can you do selective installs?
Q2: How do you revert to the original Apple kexts?

Thanks

zeltacom said:
Q1: If you need to run MultiBeast a second time to add a new feature, do you need to recheck all of the settings you had on your first run or can you do selective installs?
Q2: How do you revert to the original Apple kexts?

Thanks

1.No need to re-check.
2.Go through the system and delete the kexts that MB installed.

Vendetta said:
1.No need to re-check.

Thank you.
I should have stated 'how to find and delete kexts' when posting.

Thanks.

zeltacom said:
Vendetta said:
1.No need to re-check.

Thank you.
I should have stated 'how to find and delete kexts' when posting.

Thanks.

I believe in the MB documentation (PDF) it states where each kext is placed.

Thanks... the sound playback or lack thereof is the worst issue. I wonder if a custom beast would help?

zeltacom said:
Thanks... the sound playback or lack thereof is the worst issue. I wonder if a custom beast would help?

Which audio kexts did you choose? How are you trying to play audio (which port)?

I was trying to use HDMI from my XFX Radeon 6870 HD - failure and of course Gigabyte onboard audio didn't work - using ALC8XX. Now I'm trying AppleHDA Rollback. After 10.7.3 install, nothing shows up in System Settings - Audio.

I had the brilliant idea of getting a USB sound card - native to MacOSX - no drivers required - even that doesn't work. It's the only thing that shows up in audio hardware but you can't hear anything period.

With 10.7.2 I had onboard audio but it only whispers so you couldn't really hear it. If I was smart, I would have gone out and purchased a super amplifier to boost the sound. The truth is... the silence just drives you crazy.

Thanks for any assistance.

Okay, I now have audio using the universal audio kext but it is very, very low. It seams I'll have to get that super loud amplifier I was talking about. 2 HDMI shows up but there's no sound from the monitor. HDMI would have been nice. The other HDMI is onboard. I might try it one day.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back