Contribute
Register

Multibeast Help Needed for GA-Z68XP-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
Intel i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz, (overclocked to 4.2GHz)
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Success!] Multibeast Help Needed for GA-Z68XP-UD3

Could someone please help me check the correct boxes for the multibeast installation for SL 10.6.8 on Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 MoBo running i5 2500K processor with a Radeon 6850 1GB GPU and Samsung 240GB SSD please.

Thanks

Could someone please help me check the correct boxes for the multibeast installation for SL 10.6.8 on Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 MoBo running i5 2500K processor with a Radeon 6850 1GB GPU and Samsung 240GB SSD please.

Thanks

Download the DSDT for your board and BIOS version from the forum Downloads->DSDT and put it on the desktop.
Run MB and select UserDSDT + ALC889 for audio and RTL81xx for LAN and install. You might need GE=Yes for the GPU - not sure about that one, so try it without and add it if needed.

Excellent. Thank You GB. I just purchased the parts and waiting to build an old-school Snow Leopard hackintosh build to run my rosetta supported apps.

One other question about Multibeast options/selections, will I need to check "FakeSMC" for the Snow Leopard build, and/or anything to use USB 3.0 from the mobo?

One other question about Multibeast options/selections, will I need to check "FakeSMC" for the Snow Leopard build, and/or anything to use USB 3.0 from the mobo?

UserDSDT selection in MB installs FakeSMC and other required kexts. Only other selections needing to be made are audio and networking and possibly the drivers for additional SATA ports if you have a Marvel Chip driven set of ports or AsMedia USB ports.

Perfect, thank you again the for the info GB. My parts should be delivered in a few days. Will report back here with final summation.

Success!!! Well spent the better part of a yesterday getting my new/old Snow Leopard Build up and running. The following list is issues I ran into and how I overcame them…

1. Got all hardware components together and built the system purchased some new and some used from ebay so I was very anxious to see if I got some bad parts. Upon booting into BIOS all hardware seemed to work properly and looking closer at the BIOS I notice it was using the U1G / EFI, ugh!

Problem: From what I have read EFI BIOS is great if you want to upgrade your MAC OS to Mountain Lion or more recent versions but not so good if you want to remain at Snow Leopard.

Solution: I had to create a bootable flash drive using Windows 98 and run a downgrade BIOS app called EFi2AWD. Not really familiar with DOS commands in Windows Command Prompt window so it took me a while to flash the BIOS back to F10.

2. Finally got the right, non-efi, MOBO BIOS for the Snow Leopard build and booted up with my iBoot DVD.

Problem: iBoot DVD would not boot up or even be recognized as a boot option.

Solution: Reburned iBoot to a CD, (had to run to Rite-Aid and buy some CDs, haven't used a CD in AGES!).

3. Booted up with iBoot option and got immediate Kernel Panic.

Problem: iBoot boots with KP: <\"ACPI"\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387">

Solution: Before loading iBoot, pop out the CD and put in Retail Snow Leopard Install DVD, hit F5 and start the initial SL install.

After the initial SL install I booted into SL 10.6.3, no audio, graphics skewed, video card not fully recognized but I did have net connection strangely enough. I updated Snow Leopard with the Combo 10.6.8 update and then ran Multi-Beast with appropriate selections. I rebooted and everything seems to work, audio, graphics, net recognized correctly, etc.

I was able to install all my old/cherished software including my trusted Snow Leopard Rosetta only apps including Golive and Freehand. I even got the original Unreal Tournament running.

Snow Leopard / Sandy Bridge Build: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 v1.3 w/F10 BIOS, Sapphire Radeon 6850 1GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Crucial Ballistix GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back