Contribute
Register

MultiBeast - Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you installed using Legacy mode are you then also booting in Legacy mode?
Hit F8 and select the bootdrive for Legacy boot.
Yeah, I tried that. It just bring me directly to Advanced Mode section of the BIOS. Similar to what's going on here:

I feel like it's a motherboard specific issue. But if that's the case, I don't know what the patch would be (or if there even would be one). I had similar issues when trying to get UEFI booting working for my P9D WS (UEFI booting I never ended up getting working for the P9D WS). I even went to the lengths of using a different system's drive that had the legacy bootloader installed and it wouldn't boot from that one either. I've tried modifying the Terminal commands in the video to get legacy booting working for my Z87-WS (for Clover for GUID OS drives), but I haven't had luck. I haven't seen other posts in relation to this issue as well. I even tried copying some of the files on the EFI partition to the OS drive's Mac partition in hopes that it would read from there -as how I've seen legacy booting store files.

Whoa... I mean, it's not like you could have clarified the first time, which makes sense, right?

You really don't get it, do you? We are trying to help YOU and your response is to insult? What are you, a Millennial? There, I insulted you back, now we're even.

Did you boot in Legacy mode? Check your BIOS setting to see which drive you are actually booting from. I suspect that you might be booting in EFI mode but trying to install Multibeast in Legacy.

You really don't get it, do you? We are trying to help YOU and your response is to insult?
Misleading directions and/or unclear instructions isn't very helpful. You were "insulted", because your instructions/directions were not clear enough. You easily could have said something along the lines of "not using Console" or "using Finder" which would have been a much better acceptable alternative, rather instead, you were vague and unclear. In which, you were asking for something that was already present. Furthermore, even when the steps were completed, the same results occurred. In which case, it appears that you have only wasted time.

Maybe you should learn to let it go and press forward, instead of building up unnecessary anger on your end, because your instructions were not clear enough from the beginning. Your anger and unclear instructions is an issue on your end, not mine.

What are you, a Millennial? There, I insulted you back, now we're even.

Or, don't.

Did you boot in Legacy mode? Check your BIOS setting to see which drive you are actually booting from. I suspect that you might be booting in EFI mode but trying to install Multibeast in Legacy.
That is what I attempted, yes. That is the drive that I am booting from, there are no other drives attached. For me, the UEFI boot option does not appear for legacy Master Boot Record formatted installer USBs made using UniBeast. I don't see how I would be booted in EFI mode. Additionally, when booted into the legacy formatted installer USB as apposed to the UEFI installer USB, the resolution and boot screen is notably smaller and not as crisp in text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back