Contribute
Register

Multibeast error - Failed to Install Check Log...Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using MultiBeast 8.2.1? It has a fix for a false failure message.

Just got the same error message using MB 8.2.1 USB 3 ports are not working. Asus H97M Mobo.

Code:
Apr 27 11:56:13 macs-iMac installd[286]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks
Apr 27 11:56:13 macs-iMac installd[286]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=437, uid=0 (/usr/sbin/installer)
Apr 27 11:56:13 macs-iMac installer[437]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover-USB-Port-Limit.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/mac/Desktop/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-USB-Port-Limit.pkg#usbportlimit.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.tonymacx86.Clover.USB-Port-Limit.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover-USB-Port-Limit.pkg”.}
Apr 27 11:56:13 macs-iMac installd[286]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals
Apr 27 11:56:13 macs-iMac installer[437]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Code:
 04/27/16 11:55:20 - Starting MultiBeast 8.2.1-20160425
04/27/16 11:55:51 - Mounting EFI
04/27/16 11:55:52 - Installing 'Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit'
04/27/16 11:56:13 - Install of '/Users/mac/Desktop/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-USB-Port-Limit.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover-USB-Port-Limit
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

I was getting the same error on MB v8.2.1, with the log showing:
Code:
Mounting EFI
Mounting EFI failed. Exiting.
This was a very confusing error because clearly the EFI partition did show up as mounted in Finder. I went looking in it, and it only had a few folders and one file in it which lead me to think that the error was being caused by MB trying to copy files to a location that didn't exist despite EFI being mounted. So I went and checked which bootloader it was installing, and it turns out the configuration file I had loaded into MB didn't have a bootloader selected! I was having a graphics glitch earlier and I think when I saved that configuration file it didn't have a bootloader saved with it. So I went back and selected UEFI bootloader, and this time everything worked perfectly.

So, in short: Error with "Mounting EFI failed" in log can be caused by failing to select a bootloader (either via Quick Start or Bootloaders section).

My humble suggestion is to inform the user that no bootloader is selected in this case, instead of the more generic and cryptic error message.

I just had this same error. I realized my disk names were both named Untitled. I renamed the disk I have osx installed on, picked that one to install to, and it worked perfectly.

same problem here

Hey all, so first I can only boot into safe mode I get the crossed circle otherwise. In multibeast when I go to build>Install I get a fail message "The installation failed. The installer encountered and error that caused the software to fail. Check the multibeast.log install log for more details." Also with EFI Mounter when i go to mount I immediately get a fail message "AppleEvent handler failed. Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed (-10000)." Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? Is it because I am booting in safe mode? I can't boot otherwise.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having this exact issue too.

Without posting the install.log for the installer that failed there is no way to troubleshoot the problem.

I'm having the same EFI mounting problem... Still no answer? I've tried clover configurator, multibeast, efi mounter v3 and v2 and non will mount the efi partition. If I plug my unibeast usb to my macbook pro it mounts it perfectly fine. Could this be because I'm booting in safe mode? It was the only way I could boot without an error and actually install El Capitan. Any Help?

Similar messages, but weeding through the comments it's not clear to me what should be done (re install MB?) - I've yet to find the error message that specifies to look at the multicast.log - can't find that file anywhere, local or on the EFI partition. I'm afraid to reboot at all now!

Issue for me, If I click Quick Start MB automatically is entering Mac Pro as my system profile - with this I can Install the config, but if I change it to what my system is iMac 17.1 this is when I get the "Installation failed" error.
MB-NonErrorLoad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back