Contribute
Register

Multibeast error - Failed to Install Check Log...Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to install the audio kext, and I have exactly the same problem, I tried the different solutions including this one, updating caches, etc.
Multibeast log says:

Code:
12/19/15 11:27:29 - Mounting EFI failed. Exiting
12/19/15 11:28:09 - Mounting EFI

Any solution?

UPDATE: I extracted the audio package with Pacifist, but the install still fails o_O

This is what the log says:

Code:
20/12/15 09:33:15,335 UserEventAgent[231]: com.apple.TMHelperAgent.SetupOffer enabled
20/12/15 09:33:15,335 UserEventAgent[43]: Failed to send message because the port couldn't be created.
20/12/15 09:33:15,501 Installer[683]: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I tried to install the audio kext, and I have exactly the same problem, I tried the different solutions including this one, updating caches, etc.
Multibeast log says:

Code:
12/19/15 11:27:29 - Mounting EFI failed. Exiting
12/19/15 11:28:09 - Mounting EFI

What could be the problem?
MultiBeast couldn't mount the EFI partition, just like the log says.

So I tried this three times. The first two times I didn't realize there were three commands in the Post #5 list. Then when I noticed that I was hopeful... but alas, still no go. I'm just trying to load the ALC898 audio drivers.

Thoughts on other workarounds I might try (with or without Multibeast)?

Grrr... so frustrated with this. I've tried SO many different "work arounds" and "solutions" but NOTHING is working :( Actually at one point one of the "solutions" forced me to input my Admin Password every time so I could access Dropbox. And then at another point one of the solutions broke something else too.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok, so I DID find one solution that worked. I have a Bluetooth Dongle and connected a Bluetooth speaker through that! Works great :)

Not ideal, but better than NO sound. :)

Hey all, so first I can only boot into safe mode I get the crossed circle otherwise. In multibeast when I go to build>Install I get a fail message "The installation failed. The installer encountered and error that caused the software to fail. Check the multibeast.log install log for more details." Also with EFI Mounter when i go to mount I immediately get a fail message "AppleEvent handler failed. Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed (-10000)." Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? Is it because I am booting in safe mode? I can't boot otherwise.

Code:
04/27/16 14:33:17 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-USB-Port-Limit.pkg' failed.'installer: Package name is Clover-USB-Port-Limit
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed
why it has an error

Code:
04/27/16 14:33:17 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-USB-Port-Limit.pkg' failed.'installer: Package name is Clover-USB-Port-Limit
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed
why it has an error
Are you using MultiBeast 8.2.1? It has a fix for a false failure message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back