Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I'm currently setting up my first Hackintosh. Got through the install just fine, then tried Multibeast. But I don't think it's using my DSDT file (DSDT-GA-H77N-WIFI-F2.aml, downloaded from this website). I put it as DSDT.aml in my user desktop directory but there's no mention of it in the installer.log anywhere, and my hdd refuses to boot + there are some gfx problems, so I'm guessing it didn't use the aml file.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Hello, I'm currently setting up my first Hackintosh. Got through the install just fine, then tried Multibeast. But I don't think it's using my DSDT file (DSDT-GA-H77N-WIFI-F2.aml, downloaded from this website). I put it as DSDT.aml in my user desktop directory but there's no mention of it in the installer.log anywhere, and my hdd refuses to boot + there are some gfx problems, so I'm guessing it didn't use the aml file.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

You can check to see if your DSDT is installed with:
Code:
# in Terminal
ls -l /Extra

If you see dsdt.aml listed, then it is should be loading. You can verify that the bootloader sees it with:
Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg|grep -y dsdt

Thanks!

It does appear as though the DSDT is being used like normal. How strange, I must be doing something wrong. The entire setup is basically taken from the August Buyers Guide, and I used a guide to set everything up...
I'd upload the results from the commands you gave me but I don't seem to have internet on my Hackintosh anymore, so I'll try doing a clean install soon.
Here's more info on my problems. Seems I'm not getting any replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back