Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
After updating to 10.13, I tried to use Multibeast to update my audio and network drivers. However, my startup SSD is not listed in the drive choices, only the HDD options are listed.

Help.

After updating to 10.13, I tried to use Multibeast to update my audio and network drivers. However, my startup SSD is not listed in the drive choices, only the HDD options are listed.

Help.

I believe MultiBeast needs to be updated to accommodate the new APFS file system. It’s listing your HDD because that’s still HFS+. I noticed that when I did a fresh install of 10.13 the other night but I never use MultiBeast, I install my Kexts manually.

I believe MultiBeast needs to be updated to accommodate the new APFS file system. It’s listing your HDD because that’s still HFS+. I noticed that when I did a fresh install of 10.13 the other night but I never use MultiBeast, I install my Kexts manually.

No. Multibeast hasn't been released for High Sierra yet. Although its easy to upgrade using startosinstall.

Not a good idea to use APFS on a hack. More hassle than its worth.

Hello, VioletDragon. I've been reading alot of your content on the forums lately, some good stuff.

Any particular reason why you suggest not to use APFS on hack? I did a fresh install of 10.13 the other night and haven't noticed anything out of the blue as of yet.

Hello, VioletDragon. I've been reading alot of your content on the forums lately, some good stuff.

Any particular reason why you suggest not to use APFS on hack? I did a fresh install of 10.13 the other night and haven't noticed anything out of the blue as of yet.

APFS with some SSDs dont work very well (Slow Performance).
APFS & TRIM is a bad combination.
HFS+J on a Hack is more reliable. (I wouldn't use APFS myself on a hack)
HFS=J & TRIM with some SSDs causes poor performance.
APFS is new. Better to stay away from it. (Buggy).
Personally using APFS on a hack is asking for trouble. (Hacks doesn't have Apple Firmware like a Genuine Mac Does).

In my testing on my Intel DH67BL Desktop didn't benefit APFS most likely due to the Sandisk 120GB im using. (Migrated back to HFS+J.)
Macbook 2010 when trying to use APFS SSD doesn't get seen.
Macbook 2011 works perfectly fine with APFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back