Contribute
Register

Multibeast 9.2.1 failed to install (Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B75 Pro3-M
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Hi, I am trying to install my drivers with multi beast. Logs are included, so you know I put the clock back to jan 1st to avoid certification errors.

Attachments

• install_cleaned.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 241
  • MultiBeast_Cleaned.txt
    469 bytes · Views: 272
Hi, I am trying to install my drivers with multi beast. Logs are included, so you know I put the clock back to jan 1st to avoid certification errors.
Unmount the EFI partition and try again.

Improperly formatted destination disk:

Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: ===============================================
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: EFIFolder Pre-Install Script
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: ===============================================
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to installer....... /Users/ddavis/Desktop/MultiBeast/MultiBeast - Sierra Edition/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover_v2.3k_r3766-UEFI.pkg
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to destination..... /EFIROOTDIR
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to dest volume..... /
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Root of system folder... /
Jan 1 18:32:34 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: Error: unknown msdos format

The disk you are installing macOS on must be partitioned and formatted by macOS.

Improperly formatted destination disk:

Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: EFIFolder Pre-Install Script
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to installer....... /Users/ddavis/Desktop/MultiBeast/MultiBeast - Sierra Edition/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover_v2.3k_r3766-UEFI.pkg
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to destination..... /EFIROOTDIR
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to dest volume..... /
Jan 1 18:32:33 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Root of system folder... /
Jan 1 18:32:34 Dans-iMac installd[299]: ./preinstall: Error: unknown msdos format

The disk you are installing macOS on must be partitioned and formatted by macOS.

I took an old windows hard disk and installed mac os on that. I followed step 6 shown below. My mac os install is running just fine. So what would you recommend I do about this? I installed the OS seemingly correctly and it runs but its still saying theres the msdos format on the disk.

6. For a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.

a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
b. Highlight your target drive for the Sierra installation in left column.
c. Click Erase button
d. For Name: type Sierra (You can rename it later)
e. For Format: choose OS X Extended (Journaled)
f. For Scheme: choose GUID Partition Map
g. Click Erase
h. Close Disk Utility

I would recommend starting again and make sure you clean the partition table before installing macOS. Format it first as a MS-DOS MBR, then as OS X Extended GUID.

I would recommend starting again and make sure you clean the partition table before installing macOS. Format it first as a MS-DOS MBR, then as OS X Extended GUID.

I did what you said and the multibeast install completed however I saw only one of the four kexts in the /library/extensions folder that being fakeSMC. As you can see in my logs I have attached I just did the minimal install. Clover doesnt seen to be working and I see some errors in the install.log file.

Attachments

• install_Clean2.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 268
  • MultiBeast_Clean2.txt
    683 bytes · Views: 286
MultiBeast is working correctly as this is what you asked it to install and was successful:

01/01/18 22:06:06 - Installing 'Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759'
01/01/18 22:06:30 - Installing 'Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2'

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back