Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming (WiFi)
CPU
i7-10700k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

Not trying to put one over the other, but I just wanted to see what others are thinking about which El Capitan post installation configuration tool they prefer.

I currently feel, since the absence of an El Capitan Multibeast(MB) tool at the time of OS release, that I now think I have everything configured and stable using Clover Configurator(CC).
Since I have the i7-4790k CPU, I chose the iMac15,1 system definition in the CC SYMBIOS section and had to run a script to fix the black screen issues I was having after choosing that definition.
I'm afraid if I use the new Multibeast, and choose iMac 15,1, I'll have those same issues again.
I also like the theme choices in CC. However I don't see a theme choice in the new MB software, which leads me to believe that using both tools are essential.

Anyway, just want to start a (Civil) conversation about the two and which all of you, who wish to join that conversation prefer.

Cheers,
Mhjeff

Since I have the i7-4790k CPU, I chose the iMac15,1 system definition
No CPU support on non native hardware. imac14 and imac15 are both 8 series chipset. Only difference is the black screen with imac15. imac14 is a better choice, no graphics patch required.

MultiBeast 8 does kext injection for Audio and LAN of many motherboards amongst many other features i could mention. It's also a easy to use tool for Noobs and people who prefer a "One Stop Shop" to click and install whatever kexts and settings they need.

I would expect anyone using MultiBeast 8 to be using Clover Configurator anyway as CConfig is a GUI alternative to setting your config.plist using a Text Editor as well as applying a unique serial number for your desired SMBIOS.

The two tools have their own merits for any Hackintosh but i recommend the use of both as apposed to one or the other.

Hello, noob here.

Everything was fine, even imessage and I ran Multibeast only to have trim support and my hack won't boot since.
Remove the bad kext, still won't boot, it ****ed things up.
Booting from a clone... (Thank god I had a clone)

Since I have a DSDT free MB, a external usb audio card, ethernet card, wifi card and usb bluetooth controller I just don't see the point for me to use Multibeast anymore.

Can you please give me a link ?
Are you using the trim enabler software from Cindori ?

Thx

you dont' need any extra software, open terminal and run "sudo trimforce enable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back