Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Guide to enabling Chimera 3 on the EFI partition while using a R9 280X would be great because my system does not work with this branch.

As part of the removal of "With DSDT and DSDT-Free" from Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx, we are no longer using HDAEnabler.kext. Each patched AppleHDA provided in MultiBeast is now dependent on the Chameleon/Chimera module HDAEnabler.dylib or a DSDT or SSDT with a layout-id of 1, 2 or 3. During installation it will delete any HDAEnabler if found. In addition it will add HDAEnabler=Yes and default HDEFLayoutID=01000000 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist unless "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support" is selected.
So we can't no longer use Multibeat to install Audio driver for Clover based Systems ?

Article: MultiBeast 6.3 Update

So we can't no longer use Multibeat to install Audio driver for Clover based Systems ?

Incorrect- all you have to do is select "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support" in addition to the ALC audio choice. There are alternate methods of achieving onboard audio for Clover though. I suggest you look here:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Will this version of MultiBeast (including Chimera installation) work well with 4K sector size hard drives? Or will I have to toy with dd'ing the stuff on hard drive manually?

All good here... Updated Realtek ALC889, RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.0

org.chameleon.Boot.plist was updated to the proper entries "HDAEnabler=Yes and default HDEFLayoutID=01000000"

The latest FakeSMC and Chimera were installed on my build prior to MultiBeast 6.3... so no need to reinstall.

Z68XP-UD3

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back