1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
software_update_big.jpg
MultiBeast, the ultimate post-installation utility, has been updated to version 6.3 for OS X Mavericks. In addition to Chimera 3.0, this version contains updated kexts and fixes specifically for OS X 10.9.3.

Please make sure to read the documentation provided in the MultiBeast Features document and at MultiBeast.com for all install locations and details. Download the latest version of MultiBeast at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

Please do not upload or redistribute MultiBeast to any other sites.

Visible Changes:
  • Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT and Without DSDT merged into Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx
  • Renamed Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx > Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler to Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio
  • Added Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD3000/HD4000 HDMI Audio
  • Added Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
  • Replaced Drivers -> Network -> Intel -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4 with v3.0.4.1a
  • Added Drivers -> Network -> Realtek -> RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.0
  • Replaced all previous versions of Chimera with 3.0.1
Internal Changes:
  • Improved performance
  • Updated AppleHDA to 10.9.3 versions
  • Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v6.8.1307
  • Build phase now checks for the presence of /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist or the selection of "Basic Boot Options" for any option that edits that file.

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.56.20 PM.png
MultiBeast 6.3 Audio Changes:
As part of the removal of "With DSDT and DSDT-Free" from Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx, we are no longer using HDAEnabler.kext. Each patched AppleHDA provided in MultiBeast is now dependent on the Chameleon/Chimera module HDAEnabler.dylib or a DSDT or SSDT with a layout-id of 1, 2 or 3. During installation it will delete any HDAEnabler if found. In addition it will add HDAEnabler=Yes and default HDEFLayoutID=01000000 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist unless "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support" is selected.

All current users of MultiBeast 6.2.2 should seamlessly transition to Chimera 3.0 and HDAEnabler module by updating bootloader and Realtek ALC kext to the latest versions. Please see the following posts for more details:

MultiBeast Audio Solutions - Supplemental
Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards

If you have Bug Reports or Feature Requests, please let us know in the MultiBeast section of the forum. Enjoy!

Related:
MultiBeast 6.2 Update
MultiBeast 6.1 Update
MultiBeast 6.0 Update
MultiBeast.com
MultiBeast 5.5 Update
MultiBeast 5.4 Update
MultiBeast 5.3 Update
MultiBeast 5.2 Update
MultiBeast 5.1 Update
MultiBeast 5.0

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems at all updating from previous version. Just replaced bootloader + Realtek per instructions, repaired permissions.

Article: MultiBeast 6.3 Update

I updated everything including FakeSMC and plugins and now I don't believe I'm receiving accurate readings. Any ideas on how to fix this? Here's a screenshot of what HWMonitor is showing me (and in case it isn't showing, here is the direct link: https://i.imgur.com/3xetsHu.png).
3xetsHu.png

I'm using the GA-Z87X-UD5H board. I have disks on the Intel and Marvell chipsets. All show as internal (desired behavior). Despite installing the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, it doesn't load on boot. The description of this kext states it provides support for the 88SE9230 SATA controller to show drives as Internal. However, since they show as internal w/out this kext even loading, is it needed? Is the 88SE9230 controller now supported natively?

sys_info.jpg

Saaaa-weet! Good job!

Nice. Will be doing my Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC tomorrow... Too late to get into this :)

Does AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a supports Wake On LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back