Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 6.2 Update

I found that after updating to 10.9.2, my system would crash within a minute of starting audio playback, every single time.

I ended up restoring with Time Machine because my Hackintosh was essentially unusable on 10.9.2

I suspected it was an issue with the ALC898 driver that my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H requires, so I'm surprised that an update to that driver isn't part of this package.

Should this update rectify the stability issues I had on 10.9.2 with my configuration?

I've encountered the audio breakup and eventual crash. One time after using fan control in FakeSMC, another after using the nVidia web drivers. Both could have just been coincidence, but might be things to think about.

After upgrade to 6.2 MB APP STORE "Unable to verify your computer or device. Contact Support for assistance."
PLEASE HELP

With appleHDA installed my system won't boot (so via safe boot i deleted appleHDA and HDAenabler), not with this version, not with the previous one.

GA-Z87M-D3H - ALC892

MultiBeast 6.2.1 is now available and contains the correct ALC887/88b Current 100302 for 10.9.2.

Updated with 6.2 and everything is running fine. alc 898, Hnaks intelE1000, fakesmc, I had a smbios 6,1 before it was out on multi beast. works great on my 3930k. have pm working on that smbios.

Installed following the instructions to the letter. Everything seems fine so far. Lots of permissions repaired on the last step!

If you don't have an X79/C60x motherboard and a Sandy/Ivy-E CPU why would you even attempt it ?
It wouldn't be of any benefit. Could mess your system up as well.

I still have a Z68 based system and recently replaced my old GTX460 with an R9 270. The OpenGL performance wasn't that great under 10.9.1 but improved greatly under 10.9.2. Following a suggestion on another forum, I switched to using MacPro6,1 and got another 10% increase in FPS in various benchmarks and Bioshock Infinite

@ farcry84, you say you have PM working on your 3930K with the 6,1 system definition...

Does this mean:
1) You have removed nullcpu power management and speedstep is working properly? or,
2) you have kept nullcpu power management and by "PM working", you mean that sleep is now working?

I ask because since 10.9.2 my sleep is working perfectly, wondering if there's more I can/should do? Would love me some speedstep!

Anyone had any success with 2011 socket boards and this update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back