Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
good job, TRIM works fine!

removing the 8169 driver is probably to stave off problems regarding the MB chips for LAN on the new Motherboards... (my guess...(slightly off topic, bear with me) i say this because with my linux MythTV build i was experiencing LAN speed issues looking at my recorded files off the backend server... so LongStoryShort, i installed the Official RealTek driver from source and added to the kernel... i now have the speed back.
Yes, this does not help with OSX, but it is a reasonfor why i think they removed that option.

Article: MultiBeast 6.1 Update

In the case of rev. 1.1, I have no choice but purchase an extra realtek NIC.

I have a Gigabyte Z77M-D3H with a AR8161 network chipset. ALXEthernet.kext freezes the system. AtherosL1cEthernet.kext does not work.

Is there any kext supporting AR8161?

Is there any PCI NIC well-supported on Mavericks? On the buyer's guide there is no network section.

I am looking for a Kernel Panic-free Hackintosh.

Would an Apple USB Ethernet adapter work on hackintosh? There is some recommended network adapter for a hackintosh?

Can I use this MultiBeast 6.1 for Mac OS X 10.8.5?

No. Just remember what you added, and the next time you do a new install, include that in the full MultiBeast run and save the file.

Stork--thank you for the answer. that raises another question--how do you deleted an unwanted option that you might have selected in Multibeast? I thought you either re-ran Multibeast selecting an alternative option if there is one, or simply re-run without selecting an option there is no alternative, like Universal USB 3.0 which is a unique selection all by itself.

Jim

....how do you deleted an unwanted option that you might have selected in Multibeast? I thought you either re-ran Multibeast selecting an alternative option if there is one, or simply re-run without selecting an option there is no alternative, like Universal USB 3.0 which is a unique selection all by itself.
That's tougher. You'll have to go to multibeast.com, and read the MultiBeast Features document (Read Me). It will tell you what is the name of the kext/driver you don't want, and remove it. Then, just reload the right kext/driver with MultiBeast and boot with the Chimera UseKernelCache=No. However, if you have to remove the FakeSMC plugins or another bunch of kexts/drivers, you're better off to do a fresh install and run the corrected MultiBeast full configuration. If you have any more questions, please post them in the appropriate forum section. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back