Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.x results in a non-bootable machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried a fresh install and multibeast 5.0.2 fails to install. I wish there was a way to recover from that with reinstalling!

Just tried a fresh install and multibeast 5.0.2 fails to install. I wish there was a way to recover from that with reinstalling!

Did you install the FakeSMC plugins? If so, they can cause Multibeast to fail. Run the following commands in Terminal and remove the kexts it identifies as being a problem (do not remove FakeSMC.kext):

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo kextcache -system-caches[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]sudo kextcache -update-volume /
[/COLOR]

Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No ... may have over written your settings.

How is graphic card? I have almost same configuratiom. Could you help me install or update to ML? Thank you

On my install it works whether I install with FakeSMC plugins or without or if I add them subsequent to the install.

Is there anything else plugged into the system that you have not mentioned - like a graphics card that is not being used, usb drive, other hard drive etc...

If not - I hate to sound like a broken record but check and double check you have followed thelostswede's UEFI setup instructions precisely.

I thought the UserDSDT installed the FakeSMC.kext.

I made the mistake of rebooting the machine and of course it was unbootable. i'm reinstalling (again) and will running kextcache the next time I have a problem.

I checked and double checked the bios settings. I'm using the onboard HD4000 and need to set "GraphicsEnabler=No in order for the machine to boot. Not sure what that means and if it's a problem.

odd! For some reason the build is not liking your HD4000 which should be supported.

Incidentally I need to point out that I have discovered on my machine that what I thought was a USB issue was caused by using Profile 1 to read my XMP data (I don't know if this is universal or is just a flaw in my RAM) when I set the correct speed for my RAM manually it works fine with no USB issue.

I would try clearing your CMOS and then setting up the Bios again from Optimised defaults forward.

What monitor are you using and are you using DVI or HDMI to connect to it?

I have the same setup and I am having the same problems. Followed your guide to a T. I am using an asus monitor that is connected via hdmi. Any ideas? I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back