CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just tried multibeast-5.x on a fresh ML build and ended up with a non-bootable system. Never saw any errors but the boot just hung during the boot at the white screen with the apple and spinning wheel. It was a fresh install of ML installed with Unibeast. The motherboard is a GA-Z77X-UD5H with an i7-3770 and 120G ssd.

While I'm asking for help is there anyway to recover from these boot issues? I'm getting tired of having to delete the installation partition and reinstall everytime there's an issue with booting!

hung during the boot at the white screen with the apple and spinning wheel

Always boot in verbose mode (with -v). This will give you text during the boot. You can see where it hangs and what is causing the hang. If you can't decipher it, take a picture and post it so someone can help you.

Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No ... may have over written your settings.

I'm attaching the output from the verbose listing. I'm getting confused about why this isn't working. It's my understanding the motherboard I'm using is fully supported.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
OK, about 3/4 of the way down the picture is the statement: "DSMOS has arrived"

This means the operating system is essentially booted but the graphics card is blocking it from gettting to the Desktop.

You didn't say what kind of graphics system you have, but try booting using a couple of the following:

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 (if this one works, it is only a temporary fix because -x disables several things)

-v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0

I'm using the onboard HD4000 graphics for now. I was able to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No option but when I tried to run Multibeast again I got a failure from it. Reinstalling and running multibeast so I can get the audio and network drivers loaded. This time I'll be sure to set GraphicsEnabler=No.

fwp, I have just done a fresh install 30mins ago on a Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k using HD4000 it all worked very well except for an issue I have which I believe may be related to my RAM.

Anyway here is what I did

follow thelostswede's guide to setting up the UEFI check and double check it is exactly as recommended, I used UEFI F8 http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...gigabytes-7-series-lga-1155-motherboards.html remember to select the P0 drive to boot from not UEFI.

Then install using Unibeast 1.5.3 - UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3

on reboot after Unibeast use Multibeast 5.0.2 for Mountain Lion MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.0.2

Yes, please post your multibeast configuration.

in Multibeast after setting up as described in my previous post I selected

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders
>Drivers
>>Audio
>>>Realtek ALC8xx
>>>>Without DSDT
>>>>>ALC898
Network
>maolj's AtherosLicEthernet

that's it - job done!

you could also select
Miscellaneous
>FakeSMC Plugins
>>Motherboard Plugins
>>HWMonitor Application

Edited to add - after I installed went back to the UEFI Bios and selected Profile 1 for my RAM as it is 1600mhz Corsair RAM and this allows the board to correctly read the XMP information and recognise the RAM as 1600mhz. This gives me a Geekbench score of 14731 which I am very happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back