Contribute
Register

Multibeast 5 + H77-DS3H rev. 1 / I5 3750 / Corsair 8gb / GTX 550 ti (Sound problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77-DS3H (F2)
CPU
I5 3570
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 550 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all. Thanks to TonyMac and MacMan for bringing us the new Multibeast 5. Great work, as is this entire forum. Thanks to you guys I was able to build my first hackingtosh (with help of patient friend). And it is so cool, especially when family members bought the original at 4x my price ;).

Almost everything works, however I can't seem to make the sound work - a common problem with this mobo I've noticed. I was desperately waiting for the new Multibeast, but I still cant seem to get it to work.

I did the install as per instruction (I think). And sound worked right after using multibeast Lion (then the most recent) for the first time, but only once. After rebooting it stopped working. I tried reapplying Multibeast and reading the various threads I installed the adapted kext by Skalbert, tried the various options in multibeast (I tried both legacy and current), tried the universal Voodoo driver. But all with varying degrees of success.

Summing up:
- The multibeast Realtek ALC8xx drivers don't seem to work at all on my machine (both in multibeast 4.6.1 and 5.0.1).
- The Voodoo drivers work, but only once. After that the system hangs at boot and I need to manually delete the VoodooHDA.kext in safe mode to restore my ability to boot
- Skalberts adapted kext (although for z77, but one becomes desperate) also did not seem to work.

During all this I checked whether I selected the proper output device under sound. But only with the Voodoo driver did it ever show an output device.

I would like to ask some of the experts on this forum to look at my problem :). Within my power I have exhausted the treads and tried almost everything (i know posting to be a last resort after exhausting the search option). If you find a previous post not already mentioned which is relevant to this issue, please be kind enough to post a link. Just to be sure, attached a screenshot of what I did used in Multibeast 5(.0.1) - perhaps its just ticking another box...:)

Thanking you in advance!

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2012-08-13 om 22.54.15.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2012-08-13 om 22.54.15.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 1,019
I'm going to try a clean install tomorrow. perhaps I messed up some .kext in the process.
Would be happy to hear your suggestions.

According to Gigabyte, the GA-H77-DS3H Rev 1 has the ALC887 audio codec. I would remove all of the old audio fixes you installed like ALC8xxHDA.kext and others, then install one of the ALC887/888b drivers.

According to Gigabyte, the GA-H77-DS3H Rev 1 has the ALC887 audio codec. I would remove all of the old audio fixes you installed like ALC8xxHDA.kext and others, then install one of the ALC887/888b drivers.

Didn't he select 887 in the multibeast option in the attached photo?

Yeah I did.. but some how I may have messed up the .kext's somehow.
I deleted all HDA .kext's, so perhaps I deleted to much...

Sound still not working, I had Voodoo running successfully again for one day, even after multiple reboots.... So I could enjoy sound for 1 precious day ;).
However, the next day it resulted in the system not running again, except in safe mode... And of course after deleting the .kext's again.

Which is weird...why would it work perfectly for one entire day, but not the next... does it somehow use the system clock or date for something simple or is it just coincidence...
Any thoughts guys?

Does anyone know of this MOBO requires the current or legacy .kext?
I would guess current, since it is not that old... but one never knows...

Having the exact same issue. The VT2021 driver kinda works but it pops and clicks and is unstable. I would like to know if anyone got the Realtek deiver to work on this motherboard.

Mgkrp, how do i get to those options on Multibeast 5. I suppose since its an older post it was referring to a different version ov MultiBeast.

@ mgkrp

Thanks. Yeah found that one as well. Tried it, doesn't work for me.
Redid the instal (took some time since I messed up my system installing w7 on another disc).
Same problem:
1. I disable my 550 ti (since it will only install using the onboard)
2. I install without a problem
3. I run multi beast, without any trouble
4. It recognizes my sound, but wont play anything
5. I reboot --> no more sound
6. Reconnect my 550 ti

Conclusion everything works, but sound and sleep.
I read somewhere that you can buy a supported usb sound 'card' which is fairly cheap. Does anyone know the specs on that one?

@ Big Busy

Tried it today again. Attached screenshot of my options, did not work however...

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2012-08-21 om 01.01.19.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2012-08-21 om 01.01.19.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 897
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back