Register

MultiBeast 5.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much

Article: MultiBeast 5.5 Update

MultiBeast 5.5.2 Now Available:

Visible Changes:
- Replaced Drivers & Bootloaders -> Bootloaders -> Chimera v2.2.0 r2248 with Chimera v2.2.1 r2248

Internal Changes:
- Fixed Drivers & Bootloaders -> Bootloaders -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> OS X 10.8.5
- Updated EasyBeast and UserDSDT Chimera to v2.2.1 r2248
- Updated hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet to v2.5.4d

Thank you very much

Thanks for sharing such a good software.

I have a Gygabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Z77 Mobo paired with a 3770k and my graphics are pushed through my EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked (amazon link at bottom of post) and I can't seem to get a stable running system past 10.8.1 . It hasn't been to big of an issue because the updates haven't altered the OS very much. I upgraded to 10.8.2 and graphics wouldn't work with my card. Skipped 10.8.3 and upgraded to 10.8.4 The 10.8.4 install was kind of jittery and would randomly freeze. Does anyone else with this mobo have these problems. It might just be my multi-beast settings. Audio has never worked for me either. I know it's ALC 898 but the kexts provided by multi-beast just don't work

Graphics card link ( http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked-Mini-HDMI-Graphics-01G-P3-1461-KR/dp/B0050I1PH4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379743533&sr=8-3&keywords=gtx+560+superclocked )

You may want to check this post. The freeze maybe coming from your video card. I have a 460 SC, the freezefix app fixed my freeze :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a.html

Finally decided to update, Z77X-UD5H. Only update the audio driver and everything works just fine. Have to update the fakeSMC plugin and the hardware monitor app to get all the readings back though.

For some reason, after 10.8.5 combo update, MultiBeast 5.5 does not fix alc888 sound : / Tried both legacy and current. Not working.

I updated to 10.8.5 from 10.8.4 with a working sound : (

Try installing stand alone VoodooHDA.kext from another site like kexts(dot com) as the ones from Multibeast don't work....

Install the one VoodooHDA.kext for 10.8.4 and you will have full audio without having to reinstall everytime you update with normal AppleHDA inserts...

If you do install, make sure you lower all the way down the front Microphone volume to 0 in the VoodooHDA pane! This will eliminate the hardware noise heard through ur speakers or headphones when you up the Gain level!

Many thanks All works fine But SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR always here..

only let me enter safe start mode (-x)
z87-hd3
i5 4670

Not sure if I should comment here or start a thread -- I'll try this first: I'm looking to find a copy of MultiBeast 5.5.0, 5.5.2 is not working for me...

I've completed a new build:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC / i5-4670K / 16GB DDR3 1600

Completed Mountain Lion 10.5.5 Install and NoDSDT install with MultiBeast 5.5.0 for ALC892 Audio, hnak's networking, GraphicsEnabler=No, IGPEnabler=Yes. All was working wonderfully, sound, sleep, etc...

Completed restoring from backup, moved home folders to an external drive and then installed a new SSD (same model, a Corsair Force SATA2, but larger than the old one). re-installing, downloaded MultiBeast 5.5.2 -- in this case, the update broke sleep, sound, and networking. Now unable to get the old drivers as I had overwritten MultiBeast 5.5.0 (my bad).

Any help would be enormously appreciated, and I can start a new thread about this if this is not the right venue. I'm very new to this community, which is really an extraordinary place! Thank you to all the contributors here!

MultiBeast 5.5.2 is the only supported and available version.

The only components that that changed between 5.5.0 and 5.5.2 is Chimera and hnack ethernet.

The change in Chimera was only for changing the default igp-platform-id for the HD4600 and would have no effect on your issues.

The change in hnack was to fix major bugs in the version that was in MultiBeast 5.5.0.

Using MultiBeast 5.5.0 won't solve your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back