Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.4 Update

As this is the first MB update since building my hack, what is the protocol here?

Should I leave it as my computer works perfectly, or is it always best to be running on latest MB and something to gain?
If i need to install MB, is it just a matter of installing and reticking all the relevant boxes in MB and reboot?

There is no need to rerun MultiBeast on an existing build unless you update your OS. Updating the OS will require you to reinstall the audio and (if you are using it) trim.

Adrian B

Thank You!

Hello,

as i sometimes perform a clean install to test new versions, i found an issue, something in 5.4 breaks monitor sync or something when i come out of sleep,
dual monitors do not come back on, and power light on monitors just blink changing input makes no difference, only solution is hard reboot....
my setup
i5 2500k using HD3000 graphics for dual monitors (dvi and hdmi) 1080p
set as mac mini 5.1 - DSDT free option
gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 on UEFI

there were no sleep-resume monitor issues with clean build using multibeast 5.2.1 (did not test clean install for versions 5.3)

Hi,
Since this update I have the exact same problem as artjoy99, only with 1 monitor setup.

My setup:
i2500k with disabled onboard graphics
set as mac pro 3.1 (tried also mac mini 5.1)
Gigabyte h67n-USB3 with DSDT from Tonymac
Nvidia 660TI (tested with Apple and Nvidia drivers)
Tried darkwake=0 and drakwake=8

Strange is that I never encountered this same issue, I am using this hackintosh since 10.7.. Is there anything that I can test further or a way to downgrade to an earlier MultiBeat version?

Thanks!

Hello to all and thank u for the update!!!

Anyway I configured my hack with a FusionDrive and installing Chimera 2.1.1 alone or thru Multibeast 5.4 I can't see it! When I press any key at startup to enter boot option menu I always read Chimera 2.0.1

Should I repeat the last steps from the FusionDrive guide extracting files from the new package to see it updated???

thanks to all!

Hello,

... i found an issue, something in 5.4 breaks monitor sync or something when i come out of sleep,
dual monitors do not come back on, and power light on monitors just blink changing input makes no difference, only solution is hard reboot....

... there were no sleep-resume monitor issues with clean build using multibeast 5.2.1 (did not test clean install for versions 5.3)
I had the exact same problem with on a new fresh install of 10.8.4. Sleep no longer seems to be working properly with this new Multibeast 5.4.0. I had previously running 10.8.4 that I had installed using Multibeast 5.3.1 on a MSI Z77A-GD65 and everything was running perfectly including Sleep.

I did a fresh clean install with 10.8.4 and used Multibeast 5.4.0 and now I can no longer come out of Sleep mode. My system can go into Sleep mode fine, but upon wake, the monitor screen remains black. On wake, the system turns on with the hard drive, fans, cpu, etc, but the screen stays dark.

I pinpointed it down to the new Fakesmc.kext (version 5.2.724) that seems to be responsible for breaking Sleep in my case. When I deleted this new Fakesmc.kext, and installed the older Fakesmc.kext (version 5.1.61) which is found in Multibeast 5.3.1, I found that Sleep again started working flawlessly.

I however did install all the newer kexts that Multibeast 5.4.0.offers, and aside from the sleep issue with Fakesmc.kext v5.2.724, the other kexts worked very well. I hope that this issue can be resolved for those having problems with sleep. So other than that, thanks for the new update.

I don`t know why but after chimera 2.1.1 I have to use graphicsenabler=no, otherwise no picture on monitor just black screen. Chimera 2.0.1 was working fine. Ati 5770 is my graphics card. Now osx 10.8.4 just shows ATI HD5000, earlier it was ATI 5700 series. So my question is: is this better now or should I install old chimera and then graphicsenabler=yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back