Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.4 Update

There are issues with FileNVRAM that are out of our control as we didn't develop this module and the source has not been made available. Version 1.1.2 works with iMessage but not with FaceTime. Version 1.1.3 doesn't work with iMessages but works with FaceTime.

Thanks for the update! Downloaded MultiBeast 5.4.3 which includes updated Chimera 2.1.2 and issue is fixed with this release. Again, great job by all of you!

The USB 3.0 - Universal option makes certain drives cause my computer to freeze as soon as they're plugged in. My motherboard is an Asus Maximus V Extreme with an i7-3770K. I did a clean install without that option selected and the same drives work fine, except my Asmedia USB 3.0 ports don't work. As soon as I install the USB 3.0 - Universal option the drives cause OS X to freeze again. I'm using PJALM's Maximus V Extreme patch on his DSDT patch repo.

The drives causing the freeze are: HGST Tour0 Mobile 500GB portable, Lacie d2 2TB desktop, and Seagate Backup Plus for Mac 1TB. Strange thing is if I connect the SATA-USB3 interface from a non-for Mac version of the same drive it works fine. Use the interface from the "for Mac" version on the other drive and it causes the freeze. These drives all work fine in USB 2.0 ports with USB 3.0 - Universal installed.

Other USB 3.0 drives I tested that work in the USB 3.0 ports with no issues are: WD My Passport 500GB portable, G-Technology G-Drive mini 1TB, G-Technology G-Drive 2TB, Seagate GoFlex portable 1TB and 1.5TB. Lexar USB 3.0 thumbdrives I have also work.

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed?

The USB 3.0 - Universal option makes certain drives cause my computer to freeze as soon as they're plugged in. My motherboard is an Asus Maximus V Extreme with an i7-3770K. I did a clean install without that option selected and the same drives work fine, except my Asmedia USB 3.0 ports don't work. As soon as I install the USB 3.0 - Universal option the drives cause OS X to freeze again. I'm using PJALM's Maximus V Extreme patch on his DSDT patch repo.

The drives causing the freeze are: HGST Tour0 Mobile 500GB portable, Lacie d2 2TB desktop, and Seagate Backup Plus for Mac 1TB. Strange thing is if I connect the SATA-USB3 interface from a non-for Mac version of the same drive it works fine. Use the interface from the "for Mac" version on the other drive and it causes the freeze. These drives all work fine in USB 2.0 ports with USB 3.0 - Universal installed.

Other USB 3.0 drives I tested that work in the USB 3.0 ports with no issues are: WD My Passport 500GB portable, G-Technology G-Drive mini 1TB, G-Technology G-Drive 2TB, Seagate GoFlex portable 1TB and 1.5TB. Lexar USB 3.0 thumbdrives I have also work.

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed?

I've experienced similar problems with ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (3930K). I haven't been able to determine precisely when the crashes started happening; but my gut tells me when we went from Caldigit to Universal sometime after 5.2.1.

Thanks for the tool, but having to create an account for the simple act of downloading this is annoying.

Gracias desde Argentina son lo massss!!!
Thanks from Argentina guys are the best!

I managed to get iMessage working again after updating Chameleon to 2255 via Chameleon Wizard 4.2.2 Install Tab. Under the Modules Tab I installed FileNVRAM.dylib and, after restarting my rig and deleting all iMessage entries in Keychain Access, I was able to log into iMessage as expected. (MultiBeast 5.4.3, GA-Q77M-D2H)

Had to reformat my hackintosh last night.

Installed MB 5.4.3 but it broke my iMessage. Using MB 5.3.1 works fine.

Any idea what's up? Thanks in advance.

Had to reformat my hackintosh last night.

Installed MB 5.4.3 but it broke my iMessage. Using MB 5.3.1 works fine.

Any idea what's up? Thanks in advance.
FileNVRAM was removed in 5.4.3.

FileNVRAM is necessary for iMessage to work properly.

Quote from MacMan:

MultiBeast 5.4.3 Released 2013-08-07

FileNVRAM removed at the request of the developers who claim Chimera is a commercial product.

I don't know how anyone can claim Chimera is a commercial product. It's regrettable FileNVRAM was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back