Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Hi all!
- Does anybody here ever got hibernation (also called deep sleep) working?
(I think some people are confused about what real hibernation is: your RAM gets written in the famous sleepimage file, so it's a lot faster than normal startup but slower than normal sleep/wake — the advantage being also that you can unplug your Mac and then start it up just as if it was waking from sleep)
- Do the new settings in MB allow hibernation to work or are they to use normal sleep instead? (hence the erasing of the sleepimage file that I see many talking about)

Sorry for the bold ;) but as I can't find any convincing post in the forum about someone using deep sleep, I'm wondering if it's possible at all for a hackintosh?
(for anyone wanting to know more about hibernation, read one of the many articles on the subject such as this one: http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourm...he-Sleep-Setting-You-Want-Your-Mac-To-Use.htm — that might also help people who want to use the old normal sleep instead, I bet :thumbup:)

Hi all!
- Does anybody here ever got hibernation (also called deep sleep) working?
(I think some people are confused about what real hibernation is: your RAM gets written in the famous sleepimage file, so it's a lot faster than normal startup but slower than normal sleep/wake — the advantage being also that you can unplug your Mac and then start it up just as if it was waking from sleep)
- Do the new settings in MB allow hibernation to work or are they to use normal sleep instead? (hence the erasing of the sleepimage file that I see many talking about)

Sorry for the bold ;) but as I can't find any convincing post in the forum about someone using deep sleep, I'm wondering if it's possible at all for a hackintosh?
(for anyone wanting to know more about hibernation, read one of the many articles on the subject such as this one: http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourm...he-Sleep-Setting-You-Want-Your-Mac-To-Use.htm — that might also help people who want to use the old normal sleep instead, I bet :thumbup:)

Check this:

http://chameleon.alessandroboschini.it/features.php

Chameleon SSD Optimizer.png

Anyone having dropped file transfer problems after updating USB Drivers? System is Gigabyte Z77-UP4TH with latest bios on a ML 10.8.3. It wont finish a large file transfer...it just sends out an error like pulling of a USB without ejecting it... Anyone? Thanks.

Arehep> thanks a lot, but the sleep part of that app seems just a GUI for the Terminal commands; I've tried, but only got normal sleep behaviour.

Isn't any of the 3 sleep options what you're looking for ?

Skærmbillede 2013-05-16 kl. 01.41.31.png

After updating i lost function the camera and audio function of my 27 LED Display. I just installed the USB 3.0 driver... Help pls... Thanks.

Hey MacMan,

I turn to you since I experience a problem that seems somehow chameleon or Multibeast related
I have a tried to build a Customac using HD4000 and a Apple 27"Thunderbolt connected to MDP1 of my GA-Z77X-UO5 TH mobo.
I'm using Stork's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...7-3770k-32gb-480gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-gtx-670-a.html

I use the guide for a fresh install (Unibeast 1.7) and in the final step I use Multibeast 5.3 and apply the Intel Z77 recognition.
After restarting the system boots and correctly shows the HD4000 in About This Mac / More Info / System Report... / Graphics/Displays.
So it looks like the build is succesfull.
But when I restart the system it starts to boot resulting in a KP.

It looks like the first restart after the Multibeast install somehow differs from the next restart, causing the first to succeed and the next restarts to fail. Do you have a clue what could be happening, can this be Multibeast related?
This issue may also be caused by the Bios (I am using F11).

I have tried to hook up the monitor to MDP2 and the system boots and correctly recognizing the HD4000.
Restart shows the Apple logo and then the monitor goes black (sleep?)

N.B. I have tried several other builds as a guide, but I Always end up with the same issue.

Hey dude, I am having the exact same problem, which is doing my head in, using this generic driver seems to be not working. As you said it shows up on system profiler as superspeed USB but does not mount my Seagate USB 3.0 drive. I am suspicious of my drive as well but I have nothing else to try it with. I also had partial success like you have with previous unstable drivers like caldigit and one prior. Unfortunately they were never good enough to work with.

Please let me know if you find a way to sort this out (but I don't know if we will have any luck, as our mobos are becoming a little old fashion now :( ...).

Anyhow, thank you guys for keeping the fire going!

I got the same problem with same board on F12 bios. If i boot with my seagate goflex in it KPs, If i plug the drive in afterboot everything just freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back