Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

FYI, if you use the official Realtek Ethernet kext in MultiBeast it breaks wake from sleep. You will get a black screen and need to reboot.

The solution is to use Lnx2Mac's Ethernet which allows wake from sleep to work perfectly.

---------------------------------------------------

You might try adding ncpi=0x3000 to your org.Chameleon.Boot.plist (found in your 'Extra' folder).

I've seen instances where this helped.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=ncpi=0x3000

Ritey ..

Ritey,

Thnx, but I forget to say, this sleep wake up was working normaly for me. But when I installed a PCI-e "Real" AirPort extreme, then came up the sleep/wake problem and the shutdown is sometimes that the PC won't shutdown. I look in the system log and see this failure PM kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x21006700. If I start the system without AirPort Extreme PCI-e card, the sleep/wakeup works normaly.

HM. Stuck here. :)

Ritey,

Thnx, but I forget to say, this sleep wake up was working normaly for me. But when I installed a PCI-e "Real" AirPort extreme, then came up the sleep/wake problem and the shutdown is sometimes that the PC won't shutdown. I look in the system log and see this failure PM kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x21006700. If I start the system without AirPort Extreme PCI-e card, the sleep/wakeup works normaly.

HM. Stuck here. :)

-----------------------------------------------

Ensure all BIOS 'WAKE' features (e.g., 'WAKE ON LAN') are turned OFF for all devices.

Ritey ..

I'm wondering... Those of us that installed the iMessage fix can now remove the /Extra/nvram.xxxxx.plist file and the /Extra/modules folder, with iMessage still working?

Hi Macman
In your post#42 you wrote that it must be a bug in ML and not in MB 5.3.0.

I agree that it's not a bug in MB 5.3.0.

If it's a bug in ML i don't know.

I think it has to do with sysdef.

I've tried to change my sysdef. to both MacPro 3.1 and 5.1
And you're right that the sleep image is deleted by MB 5.3.0 and won't come back.

But i think that after you introduced more sysdef in Multibeast 5.3.0 incl. MacMini 6,2 where that sleep image gets regenerated you should use this cmd. in the script of MB 5.3.0
sudo ln -s /dev/null /var/vm/sleepimage
I think that 99,99 % of MacPro 3,1 or 5,1 sysdef users don't care
about a 9 byte sleep image as it won't have any affect on the performance of their comp.

Update
Just did a fresh install of ML and ran MB 5.3.0
(UserDSDT or DSDT-Free installation and settings for my hardware)
Changed my sysdef. to MacMini 6,2
Rebooted
And now that sleep image is not regenerated after wake from sleep or reboot

What i did in my old install was that i ran the stand alone installer in
Customization/Power Management Hibernate Mode/Desktop

And that option left me with a 2.15 GB sleep image.

Maybe a bug in that stand alone installer ?

This is a little OT as it has nothing to do with Multibeast and nothing to do with sysdef.

It is an old issue also for "real" mac users

OSX for some od reason puts internal sound card to sleep after a while when inactive even on real mac's and you get a popping sound when it wake up if you for instance start iTunes or just change the volume

you solve it by installing Antipop 1.02

http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html

Although it's from 2009 and not updated since then it's still working on 10.8.3.
I use it myself

I think that if you can get that guy's approval it would be a great feature in the next version of Multibeast

Actually the original author open sourced it, and it's now on github so it can definitely be included in Multibeast.

https://github.com/Sep102/antipop

I'm having an issue with the new USB3 Generic driver, I previously was using the Caldigit driver and my USB3 ports were working with my Vantec HX4 HDDs, but I did have an issue with them randomly ejecting and re-mounting, as well as it seemed to lock up Finder now and then, but with the new Generic driver, my USB3 ports do not work at all, they do show up in "About This Mac" though, but nothing is listed under them, nothing shows in Finder and Disk Utility also does not show anything.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with UEFI U1L BIOS, OSX 10.8.3 with MacPro 3,1 profile.

Hey dude, I am having the exact same problem, which is doing my head in, using this generic driver seems to be not working. As you said it shows up on system profiler as superspeed USB but does not mount my Seagate USB 3.0 drive. I am suspicious of my drive as well but I have nothing else to try it with. I also had partial success like you have with previous unstable drivers like caldigit and one prior. Unfortunately they were never good enough to work with.

Please let me know if you find a way to sort this out (but I don't know if we will have any luck, as our mobos are becoming a little old fashion now :( ...).

Anyhow, thank you guys for keeping the fire going!

I wasn't able to get this to install to a USB disk, looks as if many of the postinstall python scripts do not take into account the install destination.

I was able to work around this by creating a folder "Extra" in the root of my USB disk, and symlinking it to my OS root, `sudo ln -sf /Volumes/USBRescue/Extra /Extra`

When done, I just removed the symlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back