Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note to say, on my CustoMAC Mini, I lost audio when I upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 (audio device would not show in preferences). But, I downloaded the latest Multibeast 5.3, reloaded with the same audio settings (in the new MB), and rebooted. All is well now. Thanks.

I'm having an issue with the new USB3 Generic driver, I previously was using the Caldigit driver and my USB3 ports were working with my Vantec HX4 HDDs, but I did have an issue with them randomly ejecting and re-mounting, as well as it seemed to lock up Finder now and then, but with the new Generic driver, my USB3 ports do not work at all, they do show up in "About This Mac" though, but nothing is listed under them, nothing shows in Finder and Disk Utility also does not show anything.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with UEFI U1L BIOS, OSX 10.8.3 with MacPro 3,1 profile.

Thanks guys for the update.

Still not getting sound from the front port using a GA-Z77x-UP5 TH

I would be grateful if someone were to post an image of the proper multibeast settings to use in a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH rig running Intel HD-4000 graphics. I have run tried a couple of different combinations. With mixed results, none satisfactory as yet.. Sleep starts then locks up the machine. Also the mouse seems to quit responding after varying lengths do time...
Hitting the OFF button is not the best option it seems to me and is not something I want to keep doing...

This fixed my problem with usb 3.0 and 2.0 on Maximus V Extreme, The only problem is that front panel usb 2.0 is not working, but the board has 2 sets of 20 pin usb 3.0 that i'm going to use to change the front panel usb 2.0 ports to 3.0. no biggy. Thanks GREAT WORK!!!

Backup org.Chameleon.boot.plist before upgrade and edit before rebooting ..

Installed MB 5.3

Selected all items that indicated 'Update'

Will edit this post for the USB 3.0 update results in a day or so.

* If you are using a designated graphics card in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist (e.g., Ati) you *WILL NEED TO REENTER* your specific model and frame buffers *BEFORE* you reboot. Otherwise you will get the white screen and have to reboot in safe mode and enter it then.

For those wondering, MB *does* rewrite the org.Chameleon.boot.plist file from scratch, so you should back it up *BEFORE* doing the updates.

Ritey ..

Thank you!
and as always a thousand thanks for the great work!!

Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Do I need to reinstall if my system is working right?

No, like the saying if its not broken don't fix it:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back