Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

--------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone updated ONLY the USB 3.0 drivers with this and had good/mixed/bad results?

The USB 3.0 is the last remaining tweak for this Z77X-UD5H (1.1)

Ritey ..

Ritey in ultrazone's thread i gave you the "holy grail" to fix that USB3 issue

And Stork Updated his OP to use my bios settings to solve that problem
post#268

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion-2.html#post588651

So what's your problem?

you don't need that kext from Multibeast 5.3.0

As always great work guys.

Thanks for the update. This has smoothed out sleep issues, iCloud login problems and other weird stability problems that I was having with the ethernet enabled on my x58-UD3R v2.0 10.8.3 Hac.

Fantastic! I think after a clone I will enable my USB 3.0 ports in BIOS and give the new kexts a whirl--I've never used USB 3.0 on this board but would love the expansion.

C

And remember always make a backup (Carbon copy cloner or Super duper) off a working system before updating anything

----------------------------------------------------

I've been having good results backing up the OS x partitions with a bootable Paragon Disk Manager 12 USB stick and it has saved from having to do a reinstall numerous times in cases like this.

DM12 can create and b/u and restore both OS x extended and NTFS partitions/drives with the same USB bootable utility (which is created from within Windoze). The added benefit of DM12 is that it operates on the BIOS level and can b/u and restore individual partitions (e.g., boot partition) selectively.

FYI

Ritey ..

Ritey in ultrazone's thread i gave you the "holy grail" to fix that USB3 issue

post#268

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion-2.html#post588651

So what's your problem?

you don't need that kext from Multibeast 5.3.0

---------------------------------------------------

I've got another fresh install coming up on a Z68 platform and will use MB 5.3 to drive the USB 3.0 in it.

I sometimes get intermittent errors on USB 3 not ejecting properly after sleep, and just wanted (positive) feedback on anyone with an existing install over MB 5.2 and what results they had with installing ONLY the MB 5.3 USB 3.0 update OVER their existing 5.2 install.

Ritey ..

I tried updating to the new chimera 2.0.1 with the new multibeast release...now my intel HD4000 won't work correctly. Animations when using lunchpad, mission control and so on are flickering/stuttering. If i use a discrete card, GF GTX 670 everything works as supposed.

When i used chimere 2.0.0 I had no problems...unfortunately I can't find that chimera realse anywhere on the site or other sites. Can' anybody please post a link where i can download the previous release of chimera v 2.0.0 ?

post#268

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the great work, and here is Stork's post. It should be included for those with the Gigabyte UEFI boards ..

Ritey

April 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM #268

I've updated my original post BIOS setup to add the following:
XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Enabled
XHCI Mode =Smart Auto
Internal CPU PLL Over-voltage = Disable​
This allows sleep/wake-up to operate properly, and USB ports to act correctly after wake-up. I've tested manual sleep/wake-up, and wake-up works fine with my Apple BT keyboard, TrackPad and Mighty Mouse coming on-board in 10-15 seconds. Note: I have my Targus BT USB dongle inserted into my IOGear KVM switch. So, your wake-up may be quicker if your BT device is attached directly to your case.

Thanks to arehep who post the above here.​

I tried updating to the new chimera 2.0.1 with the new multibeast release...now my intel HD4000 won't work correctly. Animations when using lunchpad, mission control and so on are flickering/stuttering. If i use a discrete card, GF GTX 670 everything works as supposed.

When i used chimere 2.0.0 I had no problems...unfortunately I can't find that chimera realse anywhere on the site or other sites. Can' anybody please post a link where i can download the previous release of chimera v 2.0.0 ?
The only difference between Chimera 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 is that 2.0.1 fixed a bug with Xeon CPUs not being reported correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back