Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.3 Update

I would like to request an addition to the next version of MB that lets us save settings. This would make reinstallations on multiple machines a bit easier as well as for new installations of OS X.

As far as I can tell although a menuitem to Save exists, it is not active.

Why was legacy usb support removed? I need it, I think, or maybe there are better options to enable usb when it's failing after applying multibeast?

GA-Z77-UP5-TH.

It's my understanding that if you use *any* system definition other than iMac 13,1 then you don't have the audio popping sound/delay. Apparently it has something to do with the way the system handles external speakers, where it powers them off after a period of inactivity.

Just curious if 13,2 doesn't have that problem.

This is a little OT as it has nothing to do with Multibeast and nothing to do with sysdef.

It is an old issue also for "real" mac users

OSX for some od reason puts internal sound card to sleep after a while when inactive even on real mac's and you get a popping sound when it wake up if you for instance start iTunes or just change the volume

you solve it by installing Antipop 1.02

http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html

Although it's from 2009 and not updated since then it's still working on 10.8.3.
I use it myself

I think that if you can get that guy's approval it would be a great feature in the next version of Multibeast

And BTY (i forget it to often)

Thank you very much team tonymacx86 for your excellent work.

But that goes the other way to as i believe you guys is not doing this for free and you are dependent of the feedback from the users to keep your business going.

Correct me if i'm wrong

I would like to request an addition to the next version of MB that lets us save settings. This would make reinstallations on multiple machines a bit easier as well as for new installations of OS X.

As far as I can tell although a menuitem to Save exists, it is not active.

Great idea
Maybe even better if there's a save profile option.

And also divide options to sections for average users and more experienced users ("experts") as in my opinion it's already a little to complex even for a user like me.
My native language is not english as you might have guessed.

Since 10.8.2 my i5 2500k is locked at 3.3gig. On 10.8.2 and using the over clocked ssdt option in multibeast i got 3.7gig how do i get it back in osx 10.8.3??? i tried the overclocked ssdt but still locked

I've been stuck in update hell all day. I have a GA-EX58-UD5P that has been working perfectly for over 18 months, with all updates to the last version of MultiBeast. I ran the new version this morning and it failed. I tried 3 more times and it kept failing. Finally I rebooted and it hung permanently at the apple logo. I tried -v and it hung at the smb kext. I created a UniBeast USB but it locks up solid as soon as the Chimera screen comes up. I've tried creating 3 USB thumb drives and a usb hard drive all hang at the same place. Any suggestions would be gratefully received... whilst I still have some hair left. ;-)

I've been stuck in update hell all day. I have a GA-EX58-UD5P that has been working perfectly for over 18 months, with all updates to the last version of MultiBeast. I ran the new version this morning and it failed. I tried 3 more times and it kept failing. Finally I rebooted and it hung permanently at the apple logo. I tried -v and it hung at the smb kext. I created a UniBeast USB but it locks up solid as soon as the Chimera screen comes up. I've tried creating 3 USB thumb drives and a usb hard drive all hang at the same place. Any suggestions would be gratefully received... whilst I still have some hair left. ;-)
Don't worry about your hair
You got a nice cap to cover that problem :D

If possible go back to Multibeast 5.2.1 as i also discovered problems with the 5.3.0 version.

Not only the issues i described in my posts in this thread.

And remember always make a backup (Carbon copy cloner or Super duper) off a working system before updating anything

Visible Changes:

• Removed USB 3.0 3rd Party -> LaCie
  • Removed USB 3.0 3rd Party -> CalDigit
  • Removed USB 3.0 3rd Party
  • Added USB 3.0 Universal which is RehabMan's branch of Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext

--------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone updated ONLY the USB 3.0 drivers with this and had good/mixed/bad results?

The USB 3.0 is the last remaining tweak for this Z77X-UD5H (1.1)

Ritey ..

--------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone updated ONLY the USB 3.0 drivers with this and had good/mixed/bad results?

The USB 3.0 is the last remaining tweak for this Z77X-UD5H (1.1)

Ritey ..

My 3.0 has worked since i first installed ML (10.8.2) and has showed up correctly in system profiler since 10.8.3. No other kexts or drivers needed. I have the same motherboard and revision (1.1) as you. what bios are you on? im on f14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back